1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sharp vl-sd20 black and white picture and no sound

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Canasta, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Canasta

Canasta Member

I used a Belkin hi speed usb dvd creator to get the video onto my hard drive. The movie has no sound and is in black and white. I have no idea what to do. I have tinckered with all the settings to no avail. This happens when I make any movie on the digital camcorder and try to put it onto my hard drive both with windows movie maker and video studio. I have heard belking dvd creator has caused problems like these. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you have a Digital Camcorder then you shouldn"t be Captureing with the Belkin...
    Digital camcorders are Meant to hook up your Your PC directly useing a Firewire Port and the Quality is Much better that you would ever get Captureing it with the Belkin....

Cheers

PS: I just check up on your Camera Model and it Is a Mini DV Camcorder and it has a Firewire and a Composite output for transfering the Video to your PC, You should use the Firewire output...When Transfering the DV Footage off of your Camcorders DV Tape to your Hard drive it is a Completely lossless process so there is no quality loss from what you recorded and what will be saved on your Hard drive when useing the Firewire Interface..
    When Useing the Composite(RCA) output into the Belkin or any analogue capture device you will loose a Lot Of the original Quality so stick with the Firewire Port....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004