1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipping an insured package

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by handsom, Mar 13, 2007.

1. handsom

handsom Regular member

Does anyone know if USPS will ship a package insured for a little over $300, that is marked fragile, without getting a signature? If the fragile part is a problem, will they at least ship it insured as a regular insured item, without the need for a signature? It's already broken(supposedly) so I suppose that 'fragile' isn't 100% necessary, but if it they'll do it without the signature, I'd be more comfortable.

I know it's a strange question, I'm trying to take care of an ebay return quickly; but I won't be home to receive the package back.

I posted this here, because it has no relation to any other board here; but I figure a lot of my fellow AD'ers have ebay experience, and may be able to offer helpful suggestions.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions on this?

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I don't know the answer but I have their 800 number in my rolodex:

3. handsom

handsom Regular member

Well; that was a faster response than I anticipated; I'm just hoping someone might have some more direct info.

Worst case scenario though; if I get no other responses, I'll at least be able to call for the info after work, so thanks!

4. handsom

handsom Regular member

Unfortuantely, that was the number for UPS, rather than USPS... lol. There goes half my lunch break. Ah well.

Edit:
    Just got in contact with the USPS; who said that it can only be done this way with 'express mail'; that way I can insure a package, but waive the signature. Now, I know we've received packages with insurance on them; but we've never had to sign for them. So I'm half considering just doing it regular priority mail anyways but I really can't afford to delay this guy's return, and I won't be home to accept the package.

Anyone else know a way to get the package delivered with inusrance, but not needing to be home to sign?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007