1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Shutdown" not working

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Cards26, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Cards26

Cards26 Guest

Thanks to BigDunc and all the gang for helping me with my reflash. Much appreciated. One slight difficulty- When I go to "Shutdown" the machine doesn't turn off like it used to. I have to remove the plug manually. Then when I turn it back on again, there is the "mute" symbol in the top right hyand corner of the screen

2. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

If I'm understanding you correctly ,if you want to shutdown the machine via the remote, you need to to change the settings. There will be an option (I think) in 'settings' where you can enable standy (which I favour) instead of complete shutdown.

I don't know anything about the 'mute' symbol appearing everytime though.

3. Cards26

Cards26 Guest

Very grateful for that.
    Before it was reflashed, when I used my remote to get "Shutdown" on the screen and then pressed OK, the picture would go all weird and then I would turn off the TV. Now it just does nothing and i have to unplug it. Is it bad for a DBox to turn it off in that way?- A bit like not using the "Shut Down" link on a computer and just unplugging a PC from the mains

4. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Press and hold the power switch on the remote. One of hte commando images has trouble shutting down, and a fix is out there.

5. Cards26

Cards26 Guest

Hello ruprect
    Thanks for that
    I just don't want to disturb the equilibrium of my new image-I am on tenterhooks every time it appears. What you're suggesting fills me with dread-Interfering with it when the flashing took so long to organise :)
    Can it do the DBox any harm simply to unplug it every time I stop watching?

6. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

Did you have a lot of problems trying to flash the image or trouble finding the right image?

If it's the latter, then the best thing to do is save the image you have installed atm, as this includes everything you've done to it (i.e no need to re-organise bouquets, preform a scan, etc at a later date).

7. Cards26

Cards26 Guest

Hiya
    Trouble isn't the word-It was a nightmare :( That's why I'm treading on eggshells every time I touch my remote control or the D Box. When I finally found someone (Not on here!) who could fix it for me, I noticed that everything looks darker and the writing on the screen seems much clearer. The PC guy who fixed it tells me that the box was "full of bugs"
    So now my only problem is that I can't shut it down. Is it bad for the box to unplug it?