1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill loading error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by av_3000, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Susurs

Susurs Member

I belive there was such a brown or red screen for a second. And it means something like loading screen. When the game begins there is also a movie where Heather enters The Amusement park and some short and scrappy movie stuf before it. The first "real" movie should play when you finish walking through The Amusement park. I waanted to mention you about Gspot yesterday, but wasn't quite shore if it would help you. It's good you solved the codec problem.

2. Susurs

Susurs Member

Well, about sound problems. I should know what codecs EXACTLY you uninstalled and what else you did (removed/earsed/changed) in your PC before the game started for you. I think there should be sound with default audio codecs in Windows for SH3. Did you removed also some audio codecs. May be you deleted some original windows codec...

3. LooC

LooC Member

Thanks for reply, Susurs. I'm happy that it seems to be ok with cutscenes, after amusement park I got cutscene so I think it's working well

Thanks again.

4. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

i downloaded GSpot codec but it doesnt work i dont hear anything,so and you guys can you hear then that girl speaks?i see only lyrics in the down of screen but no sound.....help pls i want to heare what she is talking

5. Ragnarock

Ragnarock Guest

i bought silent hill3 recently! the problem is "after heather coming out of the shopping mall,( after finishes the movie) the game suddently crashes out to desktop without stating any error! and yes i already updated all my latest drivers! btw im using geforcefx 5200. im so dissapointed...could anyone help? :(

6. Susurs

Susurs Member

About SOUND problem. Is there a sound problem only when playing SH3 or there are other sound problems also now? What operating sytem do you use? I belive you deleted some windows audio codec trying to solve Silent Hill Problem. If you are using windows xp, try this. Click Start, right click on My Computer, Click manage, click on device manager, click on sound, video and game controllers and than on audio codecs. Right click on audio codecs and then press update driver. Than Install from a list or specific location and click Don't search and I will choose the driver to install. Install audio codecs. May be good idea also to reinstall your sound card drivers. It's hard to help you because I do not know what you did to start the game. What programms or codecs you deleted/removed...

7. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

im using win xp my sound card is via sound card,i dont delete any sound drivers i just mpeg 2 codec,and when in the game shows her dream when she is in that bloody circu she sais"where am i....."and i dont hear anything just i see those lyrics down the screen and thats all,and then she wake up she is talking and then i dont hear anything too.....can you say to my what codecs of sound do you use?if you hear then she is talking.....

8. Susurs

Susurs Member

SOUND PROBLEM Try this: Click Start, control panel, Sounds and Audio devices. Near speaker settings click Advanced and then Preformance. Set hardware acceleration to NONE, click OK and than test sound in SH3. This can be done also clicking start, run, then type dxdiag and click on sound. You will see there hardware sound acceleration level slider. One more idea: Check for AC3 audio codecs on your system. If there is one installed try and uninstall it for a moment to check your sound problem. But this is just my idea and there is no guarantee it will solve something. If you want, try it. Also read game notes and try sound options in game.

9. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

damn.....thanks susurs for help im glad that there is someone who is trying to help me,but it is the same problem and now.i dont know what to do it sucks....someone pls help who know that problem pls!!!

10. dinkus

dinkus Member

I got the 3D analyze (latest version) and i switched back to one of the reccomended nvidia drivers. When I open up 3D analyze, I select the SH3.Exe as the file, check off the 3 options in Hardware limits, and checked the anti-detect boxes. When I hit run, the computer has no HD activity, and a few seconds later, 3D-Analyze gets an Illegal Error, and of course shuts down...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? This is annoying the piss outta me!

Edit: I should also say that I tried it with 3d-Analyze both in a seperate folder, AND i tried it in the same folder as SH3. (Yes I also moved the hidden files when I moved the rest of the 3d-Analyze files)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2004
  11. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

if your is 3d analyzer v2.26 and if you and if you pushed
    in it on emule pixel shader caps,emule bump map caps,emule mas sim textures and in anti detect mode you pushed on shader and textures it must work....and fo me its works with the old geforce mx440 drivers,try....it worcs for everyone and remember there is cant be mpeg2 codec on your computer thats all i think

12. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

hey guys what sound codecs you are instaled in your pc?i need to know ill try to instal all codecs like your and maybe i will hear what they are talking in the intros,becouse now im disapoynted,becouse i play i hear all but then comes intro i dont hear anything only lyrics
    i see in the down of screen.

13. dinkus

dinkus Member

I used the ver. 2.3 as far as 3d analyze is concerned.

This is what I do

1) From a fresh restart, I open up New Folder on my destop which contains 3dAnalyze. I start 3d analyze
    2) I select SH3.exe as the file
    3) I check off the 3 specified boxes under Hardware Limits
    4) I check off the Anti-Detect boxes
    5) I click run
    6) Approx. 5 seconds go by (it varies...sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a bit shorter), and an Illegal operation box pops up, and closes 3d-analyze

Thats all I do...Absolutley nothing else. If someone could look through that and tell me if i'm doin it right, thatd be great.

Jimi

14. dinkus

dinkus Member

Alfonsas, you are one magnificent bastard...

I tooled around with V2.3 for a bit longer, then decided, just for the simple fact that it MIGHT work, i tried V2.26. IT WORKS!!! FINALLY!!! You rock man...
    I've been tryin to get this installed since about 3 PM...it just passed 3:45 AM here....

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Jimi

15. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

nothing man....:) but now lets help to me do you hear in the intro when she is in her dream and saying "where am i " ? if you hear than say what of sound codecs do you use pls....

16. dinkus

dinkus Member

I'm actually having some sound problems myself. The opening video is fine. The first video in gameplay though (the one of the monster in the ride), the sound has ALOT of static and echo. When it gets to the video of her in the restaurant when she wakes up, and says "That was some nightmare" or something like that, All I really hear is static and echos. Her mouth moves, and i see the caption, but I hear the words like 10-20 seconds later, and it echos 2-5 times. The video after that is even worse (the one where the detective guy comes up behind her when shes on the phone). The video segment was almost over when i just started hearing voices.

Gameplay sound is fine except for loud, sharp sounds. Those echo, as well as bass in the game music.

If anyone has a solution for that, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me know. The echo and static and not being able to hear the characters talk takes away from the game experience

Jimi

PS Could it be a codec problem? What audio/video codecs should i have installed, and which ones should NOT be installed. (I run Win98SE w/ latest ver. of DirectX)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  17. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

i think i know that problem try to instal newest drivers for your sound card it shoud help......but my broblem is diferent:((((

18. Susurs

Susurs Member

Alfonsas, please tell me how many silent hill 3 cd's you have. Or do you have a DVD disc?

19. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

i have 2 cds but when i instal my game it use about 4GB and 600mb why do you need this from me?

20. Susurs

Susurs Member

I belive I have answer to your question about missing sound. Silent Hill 3 originally is sold in 5cd or 1dvd version.