1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sim city 4 bin problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by steveo25, Feb 5, 2003.

1. steveo25

steveo25 Member

i have downloaded sim city 4 in bin format but when i go to install it it asks me to insert disc 2 which i dont know how to create what prog is best and what do i need to do so that it can read the bin file and install the second part??

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

First of all, downloading games is piracy (and posting about it is against the forum rules) but i am assuming that you on the game already and are getting this download for a backup purpose!

The bin files are supposed to be burned to cds with programs like nero (click file - burn image). If you dont hyave a burner, I recommend Alcohol 120%. In alcohol, right click on the image list (on first view it will be the biggest white space on the main screen) and click add image. Add both bin files. Alcohol will have created a virtual cd drive so right click on the first bin file and mount it on the virtual drive. now run the install just as normal and when it asks for disk 2, skip to Alcohol 120% by pressing CTRL + TAB until you get to it. Mount the second bin file and then return to the installation and resume the install. That should work!

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Steveo, avoid multiple posts, please...I had to remove another copy of this post from the readme1ST thread.

You should note that Sim City 4 has two protections:
    1) SafeDisc v2 (which can be bypassed by mounting backups images with Alcohol or Daemontools or by a full 1:1 extraction and CD-burn using Alcohol - Datatype Safedisc2 - see the quick guide) and
    2) CD-Check, which forces you to put one of the original CDs in the CD-reader.

If you do not put in the CD-reader the original CD you will not be able to play the game (unless the guy who made the backup copy of your game - that I assume you legally own, of course - has added a No-CD patch).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2003