1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slayer 2.5 installer

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by stannsta, Nov 11, 2003.

1. stannsta

stannsta Member

Hey guys ok i might aswell get this out of the way to begin with Im a newbie, sorry but i am.
    ANyways ive been flyin round the net tryin to find some info and i cant find what i really need, Ive seen some topics that cover one of my problems, I read somebody talkin about their I.P being shown as 0.0.0.0
    I have 1 yes 1 NIC card and im tryin to back my bloody hard drive up and its being a nightmare ive changed my I.P. on my PC to the desgnated one in so many guides but I keep getting told to switch static I.P to yes and change I.P on x box whatever but i cant Coz im booting from the cd it wont allow me to save changes!.

and im gettin annoyed :'( Im so tempted to Just press install and hope for the best, is that advisable probably not. Anyways I really want to back up but cant network i have flashftp or whatever i have a crossover lead but ip on x box is 0.0.0.0
    And im getting an error when im tryin to connect pc to x box pls help
    thank you very much!

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

With Slayers you can choose to just install the dash and or apps. This won't erase anything on your harddrive. Once the dash is installed you save the IP settings.
    Or you can Extract the files from the ISO, edit the evox.ini file for your network and then remake the ISO.

RustyDog

3. stannsta

stannsta Member

thx mate i extracted the iso and changed static ip to yes and it worked, thx very much i now have a fully fledged media machine that if i press the eject button bypasses the chip and loads normal xbox dash so i can go on live still, or atleast i hope! thax