1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slot 2 solution

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Joshewah, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I already have a solt 1 solution, the M3 Simply, but now I want a slot 2 solution. Many of the slot 2 solutions have an extra item for slot 1 called a "super key" or "pass card." Do I need a "super key" or "pass card" If I just want to use the Slot 2 solution for GBA backups? I figured I could use my M3 Simply for DS backups and then something like the SuperCard LITE for my GBA games.

So I guess what I'm asking is will the SuperCard LITE work on it's own for GBA games or would I still need one of the slot 1 devices even though DS backups won't be played?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

You M3 DS Simply will work as a Passcard/Superkey/etc. so you don't need one of those (if you turn on your Simply now, look at the third icon "boot slot-2", thats what it's for)

I'm too drunk and tired to bother explaining why not to get a supercard lite for GBA games, maybe someone else could for me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  3. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

The "boot slot 2" option doesn't work for me. It freezes the DS when I have a GBA game cart inserted.

Thanks for the info though, I'll probably end up ordering the SuperCard LITE.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

"It freezes the DS when I have a GBA game cart inserted."
    thats cos its not for boooting gba games, its for loading slot2 devices like the m3 lite/m3minisd/m3sd/m3cf/ezflashiv/cyclods/etc

5. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

if you just need to play GBA games, you dont need to bother using the m3 simply as a boot solution at all. using something like a passcard is only for if you want to play DS games from slot 2

6. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Ahh okay, thank you.

Exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks for the fast replys guys.