1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slowly modding my xbox, but i'm stuck again

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Jay_lee, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Jay_lee

Jay_lee Member

first off here is my info again, I have a Xecuter2.6 LITE CE i have my setting on the switch as " Bank 1 2 - mine is set to 2 (1 makes my box fash on and off three times and then it stays off) Flash Portect (i keep it on, just to be safe) and Chip Enable (On) when i do this i see:

FlashBIOS 3.0.3
    For help visit Team Xecuter (http://teamxecuter.com/flashbios/)

HDD: ST310014A 3.09 10.242GB
    DVD: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SDG-60SF

Enable Network Flashig
    Load BIOS from HDD (C:\BIOS)
    Load BIOS from Disc
    Unlock HDD
    Lock HDD

My Xbox is a 1.6 model

k: 1.00.5838.01
    d: 1.00.5960.01

I have done the mirc and FlashFXP stuff and got ahold of rar. file (EvolutionX M8plus Bios) that has 2 files
    1. M8plus.bin
    2. M8plus_16.bin (there is no "." between the 1 and the 6 in "_16.bin")

I also found a file named EvolutionX M8plus Bios.sfv, i have no idea what this is but it was in the FlashFXP folder along with the .rar

I did the stuff in a xbox-sceen tut that involved EVtool_1.0.9 (Though i didn't change anything in here) x2bm_v23 (when i chose M8plus_16.bin the tittle still said unknown but everything under the tittle was fine) and dummy11. I saved the file as BIOS.bin (its exactly 1.00 MB)or what ever it told to to save it as, but now i can not figure out how to make a nero dvd. I have Nero Express 6, the app is called Nero StartSmart. after i get this BIOS on my chip, i then get a dashboard, after, i don't have to do it now right?

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

http://teamxecuter.com/flashbios/dvd.htm tell you exactgly how to create a DVD with your BIOS in it for "Load BIOS from Disc" option. Create a BIOS CD or DVD and insert the Disc into your xbox's DVD drive, select the third option will get you going by flashing the BIOS into xecuter 2.6. However, you need to organize the BIOS file correctly. You need a 1MB file with M8Plus_16.bin repeated twice in the first 512K, you then place the FlashBIOS 3.0.3 in the lower 512K.

Trust me, it's much easier to do it with a X2 programmer.