1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmod error 16 xboxhdm won't boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by brandonlh, May 10, 2007.

1. brandonlh

brandonlh Guest

Hey!I have a softmod on my xbox and I tried to make xbox media center my start up screen, and in the process deleted my dash... I can't load anything on the console. I've made my boot up disc with xboxhdm and the c:/ folder from slayers, but when I try to boot the disc I keep getting Boot Failure on my pc. I don't know anyone with an xbox to fix it, and I don't have a modchip. What do I do?

2. casper007

casper007 Guest

Check that you only have the xbox Hdd and a CD/DVD rom attached to ied cables of pc and both are on correct cables, also when you turn on pc and it runs the system health check press Del to enter bios boot options and select 1st boot device as CD/DVD rom, press F10 so save and exit and see if that works, or try burning another boot disk. If your xbox was soft modded in the first place then why dont you just load the game that was used to mod it in the first place as the exploit should still be the gamesaves folder.

3. brandonlh

brandonlh Guest

my xbox won't boot anything...