1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kickass1, Jan 13, 2011.

1. kickass1

kickass1 Member

hey people im havin a prob.. i have the original xbox and i got a softmod disk ive used it before and it worked fine but now im trying to use it and it starts up the normal way in linux on my older computer i start to do the mod and it gets to the point where it ask to put a mach assult game save on the xbox i say yes and then it starts reading the disk and then it says error read input/output a couple times then it says short read twice and it says that it couldnt find the update.xbe in gamesave.dat then it tries the nfl feaver and it says the same thing then its saying to install an updated dashboard please ppl help me out. ive been trying to make this wrk all week and i havent had any luck

Im new to softmodding so any help would be apreciated

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. newhelper

newhelper Member

theres are many ways to softmod xbox from hooking up to pcs to simply using games I went the game way was pretty easy though make sure you have dashboard number 5960 found in the xbox dash under system info at the end of the scrolling will show K and D k for kernal and d for dashboard and if its not 5960 a newer copy of halo 2 or a game after halo 2 has the dash on it just put it in and load the game then click on live dont need live or even hooked up to net at all halo 2 will update the dash to 5960 then put the gamesave that can be found on AID website you can use a usb flashdrive or a memory card and make a usb dongle either can just add a male usb connector to the xbox controller and then download the memory card and controller drivers online and isntall them after taht the xbox controller will work with a the pc plug the controller into the usb port and use xplorer360 to open the drive since the memory card is formatted to X32 it wont work without xplorer360 so use it to open and then inject the files into the card just by opening the drive and drag and drop onto it and then unplug it and plug the card into the xbox and copy the files to the xbox then you need a copy of mechassualt orig non platinum edition or 007 agent under fire or splintercell 1 and start up game and boot the gamesave and then a menu will open backup the eeprom msdash and the C after that it will allow you to install the softmod you can either choose to mutliboot allow you to boot both the softmod or msdash or single boot softmod only after that it will install all files needed and after its completely done you will have your softmodded xbox.

if you dont know how to make the usb dongle they do sell them on ebay or if you do want to take a wack at it look at tutorial videos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCApvkdSHxc&feature=related to see how they can be made after that your flashdrive can be plugged into the xbox and it will be formatted to the xbox format and just go back to the using xplorer360 part and thats all it might seem like alot but its really easy to do can find the AID download here http://www.aid.xbox-hq.com/index.php?title=Softmod_Installer_Deluxe

Note: you dont truely need dashboard 5960 though it makes it alot more easier and have less problems

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  3. jaylitt1987

jaylitt1987 Guest

i made my own action replay out of an xbox memorycard but i cant get the drivers for action replay to install for it it is an unrecognized device on my pc but is recognized in xbox i could use some help!!!!!!