1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

software for samsung VP-D351

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by neilly, Oct 18, 2005.

1. kirans786

kirans786 Member

No i havnt tried anything else yet, just got my cam recently and have just been busy in exams. After friday i will be paying more attention to it.... i hope we will come to a solution.

2. BlinkN

BlinkN Regular member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  3. tonypp

tonypp Member

Just spent 3 hours in jessops the d351 was read by desktop instantly.
    Laptop no good with canon vd as well so its really a dell matter.

Any ideas?/

4. kirans786

kirans786 Member

Hi, iv also got a Dell laptop, but iv also tried detecting the vpd351 on a packard bell laptop aswell as my home PC. I havent had any look with any of these.

5. marco85

marco85 Member

I have the same problem
    Looking for a fix i've arrived here, already done every step and XP isn't detecting the camera.

I have two wires, one is DV4 to DV6, connected to PCI card VIA6306. Card is installed right, but doesn't detect camera, i've tried all the ports.
    I've also have an adapter DV (camera) to USB, when I plug this one it says New hardware detect it, and then another message says it cannot install drivers because a malfunction of hardware.

May be a problem of camera model? It's a VP D351, same as the other users with the problem.

I'm running windows XP sp2, and the camera is PAL, i cannot install MS patch because it's only for English version and i'm running spanish one.

Any solution yet?
    Please help

6. Banlam

Banlam Member

Hey,I know this is a few months late but...
    I recently bought a Samsung VP-D351. I went and bought a PCI-Firewire card for my desktop PC. Things to know. The DV cable you use to connect to your PC must be a 4-pin cable or 4-6pin. and your Firewire port must also support 4-pin DV cables. I got my cable with my card and it also came with software. I'm not sure if it made any difference, but I also loaded drivers for the camera form the Samsung website (see below). I loaded it all. restarted my PC. Turned the camera on and plugged it in. Windows immediately picked it up. And I have been able to import movies from the camera to the PC. Any queries just post here.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2.

I downloaded and ran VP-D351I drive (ver.1.0)
    http://www.samsung.com/za/support/p...e=200501&model=VP-D351I&filetype=DR&language=

7. marco85

marco85 Member

I've fixed my problem, my cam wasn't working with that card (but the card was working fine) replaced it by another brand and fixed :)

8. tonypp

tonypp Member

Marco85
    Which card did you change? I am trying to do this on a dell laptop.
    Which brand worked for you.

WELL DONE

9. tonypp

tonypp Member

Banlam
    Ive downloaded your suggested driver from Samsung and still the same error message on my Dell Notebook Inspiron 510m.

Any ideas??

10. Banlam

Banlam Member

Hey Tony, Its actually on my Dad's PC, but will check it out, and give you step by step directions on what worked for me.

11. faarcough

faarcough Guest

hey i have got a samsung digital-cam, vp-d351i, but it wont playback for some reason, i am going to get it fixed soon, but in the meantime, does anyone know how to transfer the video to my computer?

thanx, cya

12. tonypp

tonypp Member

I am struggling to do it on my dell Inspiron 510m so I 'm very interested to see how you do

13. Banlam

Banlam Member

Sorry, have been busy. Will try post something here tomorrow. cheers...

14. Banlam

Banlam Member

Hey got something ready sooner than expected. This should cover your question faarcough and hope this will hope you tonypp.

NOTE: The Camcorder in question does not come with any software or cables to connect it to a PC. According to the instruction amnual, a 4pin DV (Digital Video) cable is nescesary. These cables plug from your camera into a IEEE1394 or Firewire port on your computer. The port that you plug it into must support a 4pin cable, whether it is a pure 4pin or if it is a 4-6pin port. Most desktop PCs will not have a firewire port and many laptops don't either. I managed to get a set which includes a IEEE1394 PCI card, 4pin DV cable and Software for ZAR300 (300 South AFrican Rands, roughly US$40), oversees (ie not South AFrica) you should be able to get it for cheaper. The package was a X-MICRO FireWire 1394 PCI Adapter: IEEE1394 HUB, 400Mbps Max. Transfer Rate, Plug & Play, DV Creator, 4 Ports Connector. (www.x-micro.com note I didn't find anything about it there but try the tiwanese wbesite I think: http://www.x-micro.com.tw/ct-1394.htm). Otherwise you should be able to buy similar products.

If you have a firewire port installed on your PC, not just plugged in, but installed, you should be able to see it as a network connection in your "Network Connections" folder (go into your "Control Panel" select "Network Connections" or if that isn't there, select "Network and Internet Connections"). It is labeled as 1394 connection, under LAN or Highspeed Internet.

For me plugging the camera in and then changing the camera to "player" mode did not affect the PC at all. The only way I could get Windows to recognise the camera was to turn it on to "player" mode, and then plug it in. You should then hear the tone from Windows that it has discovered a new plug and play device. After a few seconds a window should pop up similar to the "Autorun" window that appears when you insert a cd. From there select the option "Import using WIndows Movie Maker".

Windows Movie Maker then opens and you just follow the steps. I found that it didn't work choosing the option to manually select portions of the video to import and just let it rewind the tape and import the entire contents of the Video.

tonypp I really hope this helps you. If you still can't get it working, send me your laptops details (iambanlam@gmail.com make the subject "tonypp" else it will most likely get filtered as spam), OS, hardware the lot and i will see what I can do, any one else with problems just post here

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  15. pantu1979

pantu1979 Member

i am experiencing the same problem with vp-d351 the fire wire card is ok, when i plug the wire to the camcorder everything (detected buth with no brand name) fine but as soon as i switch on hte camera an !! apperas on it (in the task manager) with error code 10 device cannot start, i installed the samsung driver but still with the same error. all help will be appreciated. thanks
    Michael

16. tonypp

tonypp Member

What make is your pc?
    I've got a Dell

17. pantu1979

pantu1979 Member

i have a home made pc (locally assembled)

18. tonypp

tonypp Member

fine i wonder why lots of us are having problems anyone any ideas?

19. Banlam

Banlam Member

I don't know, I havn't found samsung products the easiest to get my hands on, and the fact that it doesn't come with any of the software or cables makes me think that it wasn't really planned.

I'v also got a self built PC

20. BlinkN

BlinkN Regular member

Sorry to hear you guys still having the same problem with your DV Camcorder. Sounds to me that make of the model is junk. No offense.

:(