1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

software problems

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by haxxej, May 29, 2003.

1. haxxej

haxxej Member

hi, i just bought a second hand digital video camera..
    it's the panasonic nv-ds28..
    my problem is that the software it came with (the dv studio2 for acquisition) isn't compatible with my windows xp..
    i really want to transfer the filming i made onto my pc..
    do u know what might solve my problem?
    is there another software that's compatible with my xp and my video camera?

2. commwiz

commwiz Guest

Yes, there are many. This is because they will recognize most digital camcorders and will control them remotely and d/l from them. You could use Pinnacle Expression, or several of their other products. (The website may list which camcorders it supports). Also Sonic has similar software. You could also look on the shelves at CompUSA or other computer/office product stores. You didn't mention if the camcorder has firewire or how else it will connect to your pc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2003
  3. haxxej

haxxej Member

hi thanks for your response...
    i connected my video camera via the provided interface cable (4-9 pins)
    i tried sonic my dvd which came with my dvd burner but it didn't work..
    could it be that i'm doing something wrong with the connection??

4. commwiz

commwiz Guest

I need more info about the connection. 4-9 pins, is that a total of 13 pins, and is it really 4 pins in one row and 9 in another? You've got to get the hardware right first before the software will work.

5. haxxej

haxxej Member

the cable got five pins in the first row and 4 pins in the second one...

but i made some progress...

i installed the software provided by the camera although it wasn't compatible with xp and i managed to make it work...

the only downside now is that it can only make pictures of the video ( and they r not of good quality i must say)....

i need a software that's compatible with my camera and that will let me transfer the video to my pc so i can record it on dvd..

6. commwiz

commwiz Guest

5/4 would be a serial cable. That would be older technology, slower throughput, and no camera control.