1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some games won't boot after hd upgrade.........

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ohhpapi, Sep 24, 2004.

1. ohhpapi

ohhpapi Member

Hi, guys...this is my first official post. I have a modded 1.1 with a xenium chip and on its bios thay have a sweet utility to upgrade hd's or ghost, whatever. Anyway, I upgraded the drive just fine and everything looks exactly the same as the old one, even all my soft mods like evox dashboard and all. The problem im have is the now games like burnout 3, battlefront and some other games lock up when there booting. If i plug my old hd in they boot up fine. Dont get it guys, ive tried two different hard drives (250, 20 gigs) both WD and same problem. Plug it back to my original....they boot up fine...please help, thanks in adavance.

2. scottas

scottas Guest

Did you lock the new hdds?

3. badger182

badger182 Member

i am also having the same problem with battlefron, rainbow six, dlack arrow, and nascar 2005. the backups all play fine of my 20gig samsung drive but not on my wd 60gig. for nascar the game wont even load up and it freezes on the ms load up screen when trying to play off te dvd itself. now my question is do i need to go for a different brand hard drive??

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  4. afex

afex Member

this *could* be caused by save game corruption/errors...xfer your savegames for the affected games to your pc using xbox save manager (or whatever its called), then delete them from your xbox w/ the same app. If the game boots fine after that, it was your savegame. This happened to me w/ THUG and a few other games after switching drives...let me know if it helps or not

5. badger182

badger182 Member

well im going to have to wait to try that becuase now when the chip boots up i cant do anything becuase nothing responds to the controllers. with chip out the controllers do work fine. also with a new chip installed same thing happens while in the xenium os. any input for a fix would be great right about now

6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Same here, i copied Burnour 3 and other games to my bigger WD hdd and they didnt boot. I tried them on my retail xbox hdd and they worked. I havent tried to patch the default.xbes because the Craxtion program always freezes. But, i think for sure that if i patch the default.xbes, they games should work, regardless of any hdd they are xfered onto.

7. Urinlmynt

Urinlmynt Member

Well now that you have other hardware issues you can't really try it but mine locked up at the dolby screen...simply unplug the CAT5 from the Xbox, it'll run. However I can't save properly...I can get as many profiles saved as I want but the game says save failed everytime I try to save.

8. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

Try adjusting your clock. Some games can crash while loading a save if the clock isn't set.

9. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

If your trying to boot them from evox, go into system settings in the evox menu. Disable RD tools, and IGR (in game reset). And yes make sure your HD is locked, if your trying to boot from the MS dash.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]opinions are like a**holes, everyones got one.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2004
  10. Urinlmynt

Urinlmynt Member

What does the RDtools thing do?