1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some help for the n00b?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by joehero, Dec 9, 2003.

1. joehero

joehero Member

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some issues. I am hearing that the only blank media the Thompson drive can read is DVD-RW, is that true?

Also, how do you exit most programs run from the evox dash. I keep getting stuck in the programs, like XBMP and cannot exit.

thanks alot

2. soto487

soto487 Guest

it is not true there are some brands of cd-rw's that work with thompson people have suggested tdk and sony to me before!

3. FFW

FFW Member

From what i heard the tompson can read cd-rw's,dvd-r/rw's and dvd+r/rw's. Not sure if it can't read some media but i like using Memorex. ONnly thing tompson can't read are cd-r's

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

my thompson drive reads cd-r's but only music, not games. it will read almost any brand of cdrw/dvd-+r/rw.
    as far as getting out of an app, you could try to hit both triggers, the back and start buttons all the same time, most of the time this throws you back to the main menu in evox.

5. ABMone

ABMone Guest

My thomson is good with media too.

Its never missed a disk yet. i've used cd-rw dvd+r/rw and they worked great.

on the dvd's i tried memorex and verbatim
    on the cdrw i tried tdk verbatim and sony
    haven't tried cdr's because of the myth

Xbox Media player is tricky if you want to exit just back up to the first page and you see those two icons on bottom use the right arrow to move the cursor there and the red one quits the program

6. benp1981

benp1981 Member

You can exit out of any program on the xbox by pressing the 2 triggers + Black button. To exit out of a game you have to press the 2 triggers + Back & Start

7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

ahhh, thanks for the correction :)

see!! spread the love people!!

8. joehero

joehero Member

I cant get out of Halo, or my SNES emulator by doing the above mentioned procedures.

It just doesnt work.