1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 500A/AX/UL/ULX CD-RW reads fine but can't erase/write CD-RW's

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Almighty1, May 28, 2003.

1. Almighty1

Almighty1 Guest

Greetings everyone:

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problem with writing to CD-RW's on the Sony 500A/AX/UL/ULX that I and a bunch of friends have. It seems that no matter which firmware version we have on the drive, CD-RW's will read fine but no matter if we use Nero, CDRWin, Easy CD+DVD Creator 6, it will not let us write or erase to a 1x-4x CD-RW. I only have 1x-2x CD-RW's which works fine in other drives except the Sony.

2. xgasman

xgasman Member

If you had read your manuals that came with the SONY you would have found the following:

Writing on cd-r/rw disks at 1x and 2x is not supported. Also, this drive does not support cd-r/rw that only support 1x and 2x speeds.

3. Almighty1

Almighty1 Guest

Yeah, that's what support told me. Which part of the manual do you see that at? Becuase the manual I have says the maximum CD-RW write speed is 4x or 10x for high-speed and 24x for CD-R's, it doesn't mention anything about not supporting 1-2x CD-RW's. Is there any difference between a CD-RW that says 4x versus one that says 4x High-Speed?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2003