1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR-DVD300 MPEG-2 problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pacosafr, Nov 8, 2003.

1. pacosafr

pacosafr Member

I'm having trouble with my new Sony DCR-DVD300 Camcorder's transfer of DVD image to DVD MPEG-2.
    I have a new DCR/DVD300 and a Celreon 900 XP computer with a BENQ 4x4x12 DVD +RW burner
    when I download to my computer and then try to burn a CD+RW dvd I get a good picture but no sound. Windows media player won't play it back and I can't figure out how to get imagemaker(Sony software) to playback the burned DVD. The burner encodes plays back fine on other analog video clips from my old camcoder so I don't think it is a problem with burner.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

So your Problem is that you can"t get the audio To Play back??? What Format audio does your DVD Camcorder Record to???? and How are you authoring these DVD"s, meaning what software are you useing to Format the Mpeg2 files to a Video_TS folder and Burning to DVD with??? And do you have DVD/Mpeg2 Playback Software because Media Player doesn"t Come with a Mpeg2 codec to playback Mpeg2 files...And what is a CD-RW DVD???

3. pacosafr

pacosafr Member

problem solved-
    Sony packages an editor/burner from Pixella called Image maker- which burns the disk on a DVD+RW burner from BENQ

trouble was I tried using Windows Media player toplay back the burned DVD. Dahhhh!
    I installed the player/editor that BENQ gave with it's hardware WINDVD and the burned DVD+RW played back brilliantly with the sound!

I am now very happy witht eh SONY DCR DVD300 handy cam and look forward to archeiving all my old tape hi8 videos to DVD so I can use them i the next hundred years.
    I just hope that they have DVD players after the next nuclear Winter!