1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Dru 710a cant burn at less than 4x

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by paztelu, May 4, 2005.

  1. paztelu

    paztelu Regular member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2005
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    I have a Sony Dru 710a DVD+R DL, Dual format drive, but Im triying to burn at less than 4x Nero does not give that option, I also tried using alcohol 120% and same problem, I have already Updated firmware and same problem, if u own a Sony Dru 710a did you have same problems....Thanks for time....;)
     
  2. alkohol

    alkohol Regular member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2005
    Messages:
    4,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Paztelu,

    Let me try to understand your question here. So are you saying that your Sony burner won't let you burn any less than 4X on Nero right? Now, what is the speed that was specified on the blank media? What's the brand name of the media? Why don't you try to burn/back up with DVD Decrypter and see what's the result? Perhaps, you might want to check here, http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/dru710adwn.htm -scroll down and read on "NOTICE about Media Compatibility". Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you. I owned a Sony Dru 710a for the last 7 months and it has been burning/backing up/reading movies/cds awesomely. The only time I go any lower than 4X is when I backed up movies on "DVD+R DL" media and that's 2.4X - so far, it's been doing its tasks flawlessly.
     
    Last edited: May 4, 2005
  3. kivory666

    kivory666 Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2005
    Messages:
    4,305
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    i've had my sony dru-710a for well over a year now, much like alkohol, i've had NO problems with it burning at 4x or above. you should think about using good media, where burning lower than 4x is NOT a necessity~ i burn my TY's at 12x sometimes just for fun~ and i personally don't notice any difference in the picture quality from when i burn them at 4x. i never go below 4x only because i don't have to. you might want to consider purchasing some 8x rated media and just burn at 4x to be on the safe side. 4x media is out the door with 16x being the highest in production by all the major manufacturers nowadays.

    i personally suggest getting some Taiyo Yuden 8x dvd-/+r media or Verbatim 8x dvd-/+r media, either or will work fine, i use about 90% dvd+r and just booktype it to dvd-rom, the remaining 10% of my dvd-r media i use for my wife's family's dvd player which will ONLY play dvd-r for some reason. (it's picky like that, whatever floats ur boat i always say)

    hope that helps a little bit, there really is no need nowadays to burn below 4x (unless you are using dl media), even the thousands of TYGO1s that i have that are rated at 4x, i burn at 8x on this sony with no problems.

    good luck
     
  4. paztelu

    paztelu Regular member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2005
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Well the exact problem is that the drive cannot burn DVD-R,DVD+R at less than 4x (I have not tried DVD+RW or DVD-RW) I have tried alcohol and Nero and they dont give the option of burning at less than 4x I have used the next media: Fujifilm DVD-R 8X, HP DVD+R 8X, DVD-R Smart buy 8x, DVD-R Samsumg 4x, DVD-R sony 4x, DVD-R swimex 4x, I wanna burn at 2x for my PS2 backups so my point was that if u have a Sony DRU710a and if u had the same problem (U dont have the option to burn at less than 4x when trying to burn DVD+R DVD-R)

    PS: DVD+R DL Burns correctly at 2.4x
     

Share This Page