1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Dru510a Can't Burn..

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Sand-Box, Oct 31, 2003.

1. ccacho

ccacho Guest

spanish please: soy un cliente de dvdxcopy y lo compre hace muchos meses por $99.99 dollares y despues pague una actualizacion mas por unos pocos dolares mas, el problema es que no puedo usar su software desde que lo compre, ya les escribi a sporte de usttedes pero no me ayudaron a arreglar este problema, yo tengo un notebook sonyvaio mod. pcg-grx670 con un combo dvd-burner, ya instale su softeware que le compre a ustedes el dvdxcopy pero no lo puedo usar, ya les pregunte y no me dicen algo claro, yo no intento que me devuelvan o que me regresen mi dinero, solo pido que me ayuden a resolver este problema, tengo ya todo listo solo que no trabaja este software desde que lo compre, pido a ustedes que me ayuden a arreglarlo por favor, mi nombre es
    armando carranza
    customer id:11740712
    license id: 1456762
    e-mail: armandocarranza@yahoo.com
    gracias y espero sus comentarios

2. Sand-Box

Sand-Box Member

hola, esto es un foro inglés. Intenté mi mejor aquí. Unfortunatly usted tiene una diversa hornilla de la versión entonces que lo hacemos así que no soy seguro cómo ayudarle. Tengo DVDXCopy también y falla con mi Sony dru510a. Yo de la lata gurantee casi que su problema está con la impulsión y la compatibilidad.

3. menetas

menetas Member

ccacho, definitivamente tu problema es de compatibilidad.. puedes usar cualquier otro software y seguirás teniendo tu mismo problema.. Intenta con otra media..

BTW, for all of us DRU510A owners, i found out "Pengo" 2x also works okay on our units using _10d firmware..

anyone know where can i find a good deal of memorex 4x? (marketplace pls) i can't buy online, they won't get here...

4. jackvfq

jackvfq Guest

HELLO I HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS REGARDING THE SONY NOT BURNING , I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS WHEN I BOUGHT THE DRU 500, I TRIEDC EVERYTHINGI KNEW OF TO GET THAT TO BURN , CHANGED THE FIRMWARE , BURN PROGRAMS THE LOT ! TOOK IT OUT OF THE MACHINE IT WAS IN AND PUT IT IN TO ANOTHER THAT HAD A DIFFERENT MOBO AND BINGO HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK, IT WAS THE VIA CHIPSET IT DIDNT LIKE IN MY CASE , IT WAS ANABIT KG7 RAID BOARD, THE ONE I AM USING NOW IS AN OLD ASUS 7 V ON WHICH I HAVE TOPPED MY FIRST 100 DVD WITH NO COASTERS, MAYBE THIS WILL POINT YOU IN ANOTHER DIRECTION? CHEERS,

5. JhenTsang

JhenTsang Member

Ive got the OEM version of the drive, flashed to the 510a 1.0D bios.

But i cant get it to write at 4X
    Ive only tried Datawrite Clasics and Datawrite Red V2
    The best ive gotten out of it so far is 2.4X
    Nero says its burning at 4X, but it takes 30mins.

Has anyone gotten these media to burn at 4X (15 mins)?

6. Matador

Matador Regular member

Yo uso Nero 6 Para Kemar un disco de dvd y cd.NO me gusta DVD x Copy es mierda!!!Usa DVDFab.

I all so have a 510a drive In its working perfect.I rip dvds @ 11x burn @ 4x.
    Media that works for me.
    Fuji Film 2x aka Ritek G03 media.Ritek G04.Im staying with Ritek it works with PCs and stand-alone drives.As well as consoles well.I have the lastest firmware and I use DSS too.

DSS is only when reading dvd's & cd's its will not help you when burning....

7. JhenTsang

JhenTsang Member

8. JhenTsang

JhenTsang Member

ok, prob didnt help, as my 4x burn was a one off :(

9. jimmyjamm

jimmyjamm Member

Well guys I feel your frustration. I sent my dru-510a back to the shop today. Two days ago, I got an error message while burning a cd (using nero 6) that simply stated that the burn process did not complete successfully. This was immediately followed by the drive locking up and it wouldn't open using the eject button. These issues were accompanied by a rapidly flashing orange indicator light and windows xp now recognizing the drive as a "sony boot" drive thereafter. Anyway, I am just venting. What I really wanted to tell you was that I have used the Verbatim DataLife DVD+R 4X discs flawlessly. I never made a coaster while using the verbatim disks. You can get them on a 30 spindle for around $48.00 U.S. I bought mine at Sam's Wholesale club. You can find a similar bargain at Best Buy I'm sure. Using CloneDVD and AnyDVD I was able to make perfect backups using the 510a and the verbatim dvd+r's. Good luck. I hope this helps.

BEWARE OF THE DREADED ORANGE FLASHING INDICATOR LIGHT!!
    IF YOU GET IT, YOU'RE DOOMED!!

JimmyJamm

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

have you got the latest drivers from sony, 1.0d, avail from sony support. when I bought my dru510a the software was 1.ob, this worked for a short while, then sony came ot with 1.0c drivers. my burner started to slow down today so I went to sony support & hey presto! there they were the 1.0d drivers recently released for our pleasure!
    Hope this helps

11. sstaarzz

sstaarzz Member

i have the sony dru 510a.. the firmware is 1C. do i need to upgrade the firmware, and if so, where do i get the upgrade?
    i have successfully produced about 30 cd-r coasters in the past week. i bought dvd xcopy express to backup my movies and that gives me errors. now i am trying to get my movies off my hard drive (they are downloaded from winmx) and burn them to DVD. Another big fiasco as i have no idea how to do it. I have been successful in burning the movies to cdr but now i want to use DVD since i can get more on a disk. i have the software that came with the drive but i chose to use Nero ultra edition.
    any and all help greatly appreciated.
    thanks

12. JhenTsang

JhenTsang Member

The updated firmware will be on the sony support website, not quite sure what it is but go to www.sony.com and you will probably find it eventually.

Burning movies onto DVD
    If you mean as DivX then it works just like burning onto CD's (on nero just select data DVD i think, and drag and drop)

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

go to this link, hope this helpshttp://sony.storagesupport.com/cdrw/qs_winxp.htm#sw