1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Hi8 analog Cam capturing to ATI TV Wonder Pro

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Animal626, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Animal626

Animal626 Member

Im just wondering, im new to capturing, I want to capture my babies movies to PC so I can burn on DVD from my Hi8 Cam directly but I can only capture at 320,240 and vcd quality 1400KB/sec? is this correct is or it just Pinnacle Studio 9 thats causing the issue?

Im not sure of the bandwidth specifications of Svideo so it may be correct?
    -Dan

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want to capture for DVD in the Best Quality you Must capture Mpeg2 at 720+480 for NTSC and 720+576 for Pal and the Video Bitrate should be beween about 5000kbs and 8000kbs...
    Pluss if you are Captureing directly to Mpeg2 for DVD then you should Dump Pinnacle Studio 9 and use something else as Studio 9"s Mpeg capture isn"t that good...
    I suggest useing something like "Intervideo WinDVR 3.0" and if you want to Put this Mpeg2 file on to DVD with Studio 9 then make sure that it does not Re-encode the Video because this will Just degrade the Quality and if it does try to re-encode the Video (Crappy Programs have a Habbit of Doing This) then use something else to Author the DVD Like "DVDLab"...

320+240 is not a Valid Resolution for any Video standard accept for Streaming Video which is allways pretty Low Quality....

Cheers

3. Animal626

Animal626 Member

Aye this is the problem im saying tho. Pinnacle 9 will only capture over RCA from my Hi8 analog camera at 320x240.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the problem is with either your Capture device or with studio 9..
    I suspect it is your Capture device that can not capture above 320+240....

What type of Capture device are you useing????