1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound problems!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by gatemaker, Feb 21, 2007.

1. gatemaker

gatemaker Member

Please help, my PC has developed a crackling, distorted sound when playing music. I thought i had blown the speakers so i sent them back, but the new ones are still the same. All connections etc are OK. Could it be the sound card? I've never had this problem before but my PC is getting on a bit.
    Any advice appreciated...

2. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Well.... somethin aint right. We know it's not the speakers. When did this start?

Try taking out the video card, then give give everything a spray with some compressed air... if you got it.... if not just Mcguiver something. Then put the card back in. If that dont work im out of ideas. lol

How old is the computer?

3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

it could be your pci bus is being over used.

try your bios for an option that will give you options like 32 64 128 256 in the pci section, just knock it up one and see if it works.

4. gatemaker

gatemaker Member

Hi this started a month ago, and the computer is about 5 years old.I will remove the card and give it a clean and see if that works before i start making alterations in the bios, thanks

5. gatemaker

gatemaker Member

I've worked out it is a problem with output to the right speaker, however now it has stopped altogether - no music or even windows sounds etc???
    The thing is that it has never been plugged into the socket on the back of the sound card-because it didnt do anything. Its always been plugged into a green socket further up.
    Any ideas?