1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

source code. WHAT NOW???

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by wagsdadog, Sep 6, 2007.

1. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

please help... i have source code for program. dont know what to do now... do i need another program to comile it or what? how do i do this???

2. capcarrot

capcarrot Member

Umm...what language is the program?

Do you have the file extension (like programsource.cpp for example), or does the place where you got it mention a programming language? Some programmers also include a .txt installation file, with instructions on how to compile their program, does your download have anything like this?

Most source code does need to be compiled based on the operating system you are running (Windows, Linux in all it's flavours, etc) but some languages (like java) simply need an interpreter for your operating system, so your computer can understand what the program is trying to say - once you have the proper interpreter installed, you *should* be able to run any java-based source and you don't have to re-compile each program. Other languages, like PHP, require permissions to be set up on web servers, then they load just like a web page in your browser...so knowing what you have is the first step to figuring out how to run it.

captain_carrot

3. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

AirSnort is the progs name.

doesnt have any .cpp

4. capcarrot

capcarrot Member