1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakers advice with Yamaha Receiver

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by kothrush, Mar 4, 2005.

1. kothrush

kothrush Member

I have JBL E30 attached to Yamaha HTR-5750 as front speakers. I am planning to build up 5.1 system slowly. Can anyone suggest what to get for rear, center channel and sub-woofer. Not planning to spend fortune on this. Average $70-80 a piece max (Total $250-$300 for remaining stuff). Any advice ? Should I go all JBL (for eg. JBL E10 for rear - sells ard $110 for pair) or something better for my price range ?

Also, do you think yamaha is a good choice for JBL E30 or vice versa? I am listening to them for a while and I really like the sound. But then I have nothing else to compared to. Anyway has compared this kinda combo with some other receiver/speaker combonations? Whats your comment?

2. jus2slo

jus2slo Member

i have the yamaha 5790, and my polk audio system sounds out of this world. as far as a subwoofer goes i have had many, alot depends on room size. i personally bought four 10 inch cerwin vega subs ($80 apiece) and have them running off a crown dj amplifier ($150) and it absolutly pounds. off course you may not need four. I have 2 mounted in the floor under each couch. not sure if your in your own home or an apartment etc.

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hey guy! My name is Gerry and I had to throw in my two cents on this one as I once made a mistake in this regard. It could be more important than you realize that your front mains and your rear speakers be of not only the same make but also matched in timber. I made that mistake once and while they were decent speakers all the way around, the back didn't match the sound of the front and the surround effects were all screwed up...not smooth sounding at all ... I can only describe what I had as a "choppy" sound to the surround effects. Compatible speakers can make all the difference in the world. My suggestion would be to either get the same as your fronts or get the suggested surrounds that match them. You could be making a big mistake getting a whole different brand. Just my two cents! Happy listening! ... Gerry