1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spider Bites Suck!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by FartDude, Jan 15, 2005.

1. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Hey guys , i just recieved my first venomous spider bite ever! Woho , ouch... ok, Just everyone do me a big favor ok? whenever u see a brown recluse spider Destroy the sum-a-bitch!!... please. lol

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

where you located?? as we might not have those in canada

3. FartDude

FartDude Guest

I'm from south carolina these spiders are very common here just do a google search for the brown recluse and im sure you'll find where there located,but whatever dont get bit! please, u will regret it and u can't just tough it out either, some times surgery is required to fix the wound, these little guys pack a huge punch!

4. ddp

5. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Yea, The bite area is extremely painful , i've got necrosis developing on my leg where he bit me although i dont have the volcanic ulcer , it still hurts like a bitch!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2005
  6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

brown recluses are pretty damn bad. their venum actually deteriates the skin around the bite and creates a hole. My neighbor got bit by one several years ago when searching for a lighter behind the couch. Me personally, I look out for black widows. Those bastards are nasty! We have both in california.

7. ddp

according to info i posted no recluse west of texas, more likely one of the other 10 types that look like a recluse

8. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

you guys would 'love' australia then. weve got funnel webs (deadly), red backs (very painful), white tailed (very painful, causes your skin to rot), black house spider (does same as white tail), mouse spiders.
    As well as brown snakes, tiger snakes, taipans, fierce snakes, adders, sea snakes, jelly fish, blue ringed ockies, stonefish, wasps/bees, ticks, scorpions, the list goes on
    Thats why i stay inside and make backups all day :)

9. ddp

thats why it is the land down under

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd take all of those over Phoenix drivers. Vehicular manslaughter is a sport here.

11. ddp

where there is cars there are dead/injured people!!!

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I have never gone to Australia SOLELY because of the funnel-web spider, the MOST venemous spider in the world. At least they are only found in Sydney, but that's the only place to fly into! No thanks, I'll take my chances with my Black Widows in California!

13. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Well yea i agree with djscoop here i would have rather been bit by the black widow here in north america than the recluse just simply cause of the pain and time it takes a recluse bite to heal. One other thing too been doin my homework on spiders, and some pretty interesting stuff on some newer spieces , the aggressive house spider ever heard of this one ? claims have been made that this spider looks just like your ordinary house spider but, there bite is the same as the brown recluse and they come after there target , yes even humans. another find is the brown and red widow from what ive read, the venom in this spider is 10x more potent than that of a rattlesnake.... (ouch)

14. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I remember reading about spiders years ago (kind of a thing to do to face my fears, ya know? I hated them, but intrigued at the same time.) There are several widow spiders, like the brown, yellow, red, and of course black. But from what I understand, the black widow had the most potent venum of the widow spiders. The venom from the recluse is a totaly different...it attacks different cells in the body, resulting in an entire different envenomation (sp?) compared to the widow spiders, right?

Haven't heard of this aggressive house spider...that kind of thing would give me nightmares! What is the location of these spiders?

15. Divinus

Divinus Guest

Yeah, Australia seems to just be the breeding ground for the most poisonous, deadly things on earth.

That inland taipan or fierce snake, I think... is the most deadly in the world. Does it pack enough venom in one bite to kill around 250 some odd people? Something like that?

Only close encounter I ever had was with a diamond back rattler. Mean SOB. I blew him apart with my dad's 12 gauge.

16. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

yeah fierce snake is deadliest but live in middle of no where so f* all get bitten.
    Supposedly the daddy long legs is supposed to be the most venomous of all but fangs are too small (myth or true dont know)

17. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Well djscoop i have no into about the aggressive house spider but the widow i mentioned is both red and brown i think its a newly discoverd species, but with very potent venom, as for the recluse there bite is much worser than the blk widow , it dosent make the victim very sick but trust me.... lol you will know the bite is there...ouch!

18. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Supposedly the daddy long legs is supposed to be the most venomous of all but fangs are too small (myth or true dont know)

These little guys are 100% harmless, there not even a "true" spider.

19. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I remember hearing about that daddy long legs theory on the Crocodile Hunter show. But I wonder if the daddy long legs from Australia are different than the ones in the US.

20. Divinus

Divinus Guest

I'm starting to think now that Australia was Satan's original spot he'd picked out for hell, but his lease ran out and he had to find somewhere else.