1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

split movie and ac3..

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by josssh, Feb 18, 2004.

1. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2004
  2. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

Sounds like a missing AC3enc.dll file the file u need can be found on this page
    http://dspguru.notrace.dk/plug-ins.htm
    its the second one down on the encoding plugins section, put it in the same directory as besweet, everything should work fine then. i think the author of besweet stopped distributing the dll file in with be sweet a short time ago.

EDIT: ive just updated the guide on my website, good job yours didnt work or i wouldnt have noticed :D
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.fixitsguide.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk[/small]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  3. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Thank you fixit...
    You are amazing... fixit. I went to get the plug in, ran acmachine and it worked instanly.
    Window media player knows that this is a song, it plays but no sound.
    Well, at least gspot says it is an ac3 audio (224 kpb/s).
    I will have to wait until I put the audio and video together to know for sure.
    Thank you again very much.
    Please stay tune....

4. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

the fact that it shows up as an audio track is good new but the bit that bugs me is the lack of sound on playback, It should play ok in media player, do you have an AC3 filter installed. if not then try this one.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ac3filter.cfm

I also noticed from your ac3machine screenshot that there are some differences in settings so i took a screenshot of my setup and posted it here
    http://www.fixitsguide.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ac3machine.jpg

one thing i would say is definateley turn OFF the log file options as it seems to store the log in the root of your c: drive as a file called "program" and windows will complain about it on boot up, you should delete this file if its there aswell, this wont stop sound playback but will mess some things up with your operating system.

5. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Thank you fixit for your advise.
    I saved your acmachine screen shot for future reference. Yes, I did check and uncheck some of them since I went to the acmachine site and read their recommendation i.e. checking msvbvm60.dll, saving the log file...
    I found the "program" log you said and deleted it; wondering why they name it that way.
    I installed the ac3 filter and window media player is now playing the ac3 file with sound. WOW!!!
    I am very happy now. Things turn out really great with your help.
    Thank you, thank you...

6. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Hello fixit:

I am in this process of using tmpgenc to convert the avi file to mpg. In the mean time, I have a question for you regarding the conversion to ac3 sound.

The size of the ac3 file after the conversion is at a very "alarmingly" low. It weights only 7.5mb.

The original wave file is > than 50mb. The term dolby digital gives me the impression that the ac3 file would be substantially "huge" or at least the same size as the input.

When it comes to merge the mpg and the ac3 file. Do I still have excellent audio?

Also in some other sound conversion, I hestitate when I have to convert from mp3 to wave since I thought most of the sound have been lost already.

Can you help to explain this. Thank you very much.

7. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

From the gspot screenpic that you showed me the actual audio track that your using is an uncompressed wav file (PCM) this file should be huge anyway so there fore any compression you use will make the file considerably smaller. If the AC3 is of acceptable quality when played in media player then go with it if you want better quality then increase the bitrate in ac3 machine to 448kb/s.

As for the conversion to wav from mp3 with virtualdub before converting to ac3 this isnt really an issue as it doesnt actually change anything in the so called conversion process, all it seems to do is demux the mp3 with a wav file extension you can test this theory by renaming the output file from WHATEVER.wav to WHATEVER.mp3 and it will still play. and if you right click the wav file and select properties the file of type shows up as mp3 sound format if you used virtualdubmod to extract the file, if you used the original virtualdub then right click and check summary it should show as mpeg layer-3 (MP3) . why it does this i dont know.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  8. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Hello fixit:

I just finished creating the dvd using tmpgenc and dvd-r media and this is the result:

Some dvd players don't produce sound: they are power dvd, ATI AIW dvd player and portable philip dvd player.

The others work fine: wmv player, real player, bose 321 dvd player (this bose gave a huge sound).

Well i guess some where along the way, I forgot something and I don't know what...

The first pic of this link is the input files:
    http://josie9876.tripod.com/index.htm

9. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

I take it you have burned this file to a dvd and then played the disk back, have you tried to play back the VIDEO_TS folder with power dvd in "dvd video on harddrive mode" to see if it has any sound, atleast this will give me some idea as to when the sound is lost. as power dvd failed to play the disk it may play the folder fine which could indicate a problem when burning

10. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Power dvd when play the VIDEO_TS in the hard drive has no sound. I should have checked this before burning dvd.

11. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

There could be a problem with the AC3 stream but up to now i havent come across this before it may be worth a try fixing the AC3 stream with besliced before you author.

how large are the files your dealing with? is there anyway the ac3 and mp2 files can be posted somewhere so i can take a look at them for myself?

12. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Dear fixit...

I have to create another short one for you to see. The ones I am dealing with is too big. Mpg file is 2.7 gb and the ac file is 150 mb.

I have installed in my comp an ATI all-in-wonder 7500. This system's sofware has a dvd player and a file player. The ATI dvd player play the dvd without sound. But interestingly, when click on indidual vob file in the video_ts, the ATI file player would play and giving me both video and sound.

Give me sometime to do a short one. Lets wait until I come back to this place.

Thanks fixit.

13. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Hi fixit:

I created another 45-sec clip test. The result is the same as the previous one: no sound when power dvd play in video_ts folder.

Unfortunately, I am unable to put the m2v and the ac3 files on the web since they are still too big (45 mb altogether).

If you know of any place that I can ftp these files, email me.

Thanks fixit.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2004
  14. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

Ill email you but i would remove your address from the above post as the mod's dont allow them, and your inviting a lot of spam to your mailbox.

15. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

The problem lies in the ac3 encoding you did with be sweet the AC3 file wont play in power dvd before authoring. i just ran a test on an AC3 I created myself and it will play in power dvd fine. so i can suggest one of 2 things.

put the AC3 machine settings back to the defaults but with increased bitrate only (448). i did notice that yours was set to six channel (5.1) maybe this is the problem.
    6 channel is pretty much unnecessary unles you have a 6 channel input file.

or there is another program called ffmpeg that can do the conversion for you, its way easier to use than ac3 machine but i havent really tested it.

16. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Fixit.... Thank you very much for the ffmpeg program.

I repeated my test and this time use ffmpeg (instead of acmachine) to convert my wave file to ac3 and then used it in dvd author. It worked!!!! power dvd now playing the clip with sound.

In acmachine I selected "stereo" all this time - not 5.1. I just sent you the original avi file so if you have time, please extract the wave and convert it to ac3 and please let me know if it works.

17. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

I converted it first time perfectly with AC3 machine (stereo and 448 kb/s). sent you a P.M. before about it but hey if ffmpeg works for you go with it, It's way easier to use than AC3 machine and the output file seems fine ( i havent tested it for quality). I think its about time i updated my guide to use ffmpeg instead.

I dropped the AC3 machine into my ftp so if you want you can download it and check it out for quality agains the one you converted with ffmpeg.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  18. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Finally, The ACMachine delivered sound to my power dvd!!!!...YEAH!!!

I ran the new Acmachine that you gave me and it worked.
    Thank you fixit so much for spending your time on my little troubles.

I trust that you can give us a comparison on the sound quality of acmachine and ffmpeg. I don't know how to measure that one.

19. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

Just glad to see it finally works, I honestly cant see any difference in quality between ffmpeg and ac3 machine's outputs but thats just my opinion.

as for spending time working these things out, no problem glad to help.

Any other problems just let me know :D

20. kaydi

kaydi Guest

Hello fixit:
    I am trying to convert a midi file to wave and found no software that can handle this task (or may be I don't where to look).
    So i am thinking of putting the midi to an avi file and then extract the wave out of it. I know the conversion can be done this way or another.
    I need some light. What is your thought on this? Thanks.