1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sprint phone selection

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by rihgt682, Jul 14, 2009.

1. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

why do sprint phone selection sucks so much? I know it's CDMA but so is verizon. but verizon has sooo much better phone selection. So why can't sprint have same model as verizon? It's not like samsung and LG is exclusive for verizon.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I don't think verizon is CDMA anymore...I think it uses EVDO. I've had verizon for about 9 years, and before that tried all the other companies. Verizon hands down has the best cell phone reception, phone selection, prices, and customer support. I will say though that Sprint is a close second in cell reception...

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

They have crummy selection because they cut corners wherever they can, and that includes the "Free" phones.

Sprint is a terrible provider, almost as bad as AT&T, but without the iPhone to redeam themselves. The only reason to go Sprint is for the 99cent netbook, but if you can't connect, then it is still a rather poor deal. If you just want a phone, get Verizon...they are the biggest for a reason, plus they just bought up all of Alltel's towers, stores, etc...

[edit] I know the iPhone can be used with sprint (with some modification), many other phones can also be moved to sprint once unlocked. If there is some specific reason for using sprint (like if you work for them and they give you free service or something), then you can always get an unlocked phone if you want something nice.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009