1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spruce Ratio aspect ratio

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sith39, Oct 10, 2002.

1. sith39

sith39 Member

i was using DVD IT and I change to spruce up because it let me use 5.1 ac3 . but know when i author the movie it will not keep the original aspect ratio. i try with several videos that are 16:9 widescreen and spuceup convert them to 4:33 standard tv. it's there any way a can keep the original aspect ratio using spruce up?. any help will be appreciated

2. harvey713

harvey713 Member

I use SpruceUp and have never experienced what you describe. What are you using to create your m2v and ac3 files? The problem may reside in the setting you're using to rip.

3. Rogue3

Rogue3 Member

Spruceup will change the aspect ratio, as you have found out. The only way I know of to fix this is to build your dvd/menus, and then export the title set to the hard drive. After that, you need to use ifoedit to edit each ifo file and change the ratio back. After you do this you can then burn to your dvd.

Check out step 13 in this guide:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/userguides/114252.php

I've seen this in a few other guides as well, but they all say about the same thing. Hope this helps. I have not put this to practice yet, but am getting ready to try it.

4. gnfishin

gnfishin Guest

Easy....

Use IFOEdit and open up the original .ifo from the DVD you ripped. In the upper box, highlight the VTSI_MAT line.

In the lower box, scroll down to address 00000200. Double click on this line to open up the "Video Attributes" dialog box. Write down all the settings you see.

Use IFOEdit again and open up the .ifo file that SpruceUp created. Again, go to address 00000200 and open the "Video Attributes" dialog box. Change the settings to match what you wrote down from the previous step. Don't forget to save the file before exiting IFOEdit...

Do this for EVERY DVD you copy to make sure all the settings are the same as the original.