1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spyware adware and viruses

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by buzz88, Jan 15, 2005.

1. buzz88

buzz88 Member

okay i was having a problem with my computer and wrote in and asked for help and was directed into the right direction by some of the members, thankyou very much.
    i dl a heap of the free programs (spyblaster, spy sweeper, spyware blaster, noadware, spyware begone.)
    ran them, the free ones picked up a few things and deleted them. however the products that you have to register are still picking up heaps of stuff and you have to pay before you can delete. thats no worries i will purchase one. the only problem is that all these programs are all picking up different problems, their not picking up the same.
    I have panda antivirus which has a good firewall and virus scan. it updates itself on connection but is not picking anything up, but my computer is definantly slower than normal. What would be a good spyware / adware program to purchase. In the past i have been into my fair share of dodgy sites (music dl) so its no surprise that im having this problem however i just want to fix it.
    If anyone can help me please reply.
    thankyou buzz

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

me, i run ad-aware se for spyware, avg7 for viruses & zonealarm for firewall. every so often i would do an online scan with antivirus.com free housecall for making certain i'm virus free. cleanout your windows cookies, temp & temporary internet folders & run your anti programs in safe mode. check your msconfig/startup to see if anything there not to be there

3. reject

reject Guest

go to the microsoft website and get microsoft anti spyware, it is the dogs danglies!