1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeezing Goodfellas to 1 disc

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by allin, Apr 12, 2003.

1. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

All I know is I followed the guide you mentioned to the EXACT instructions and it didn't work. Whenever i used dvd2one and it finsishes at 50% there is a small problem in the middle of the movie. How easy is that guide, you cant make a mistake, I'm doing nothing wrong.

I am interested on how you got rid of the warner logo at the end of side A though. I tried vob splitter to trim the last vob on side a, but again that caused problems. The movie joined no problem, it all was there but the second half didnt have any sound.

How did you get rid of the Warner logo Carlitob ?

Has anyone else tried joining a flipper using http://ifoedit.wh.fr0zen.com/joinclip.html this method. I would love to know your results ?

2. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

oh yea ddlooping,

we rename the vob files

VTS_01_001.VOB
    VTS_01_002.VOB
    VTS_01_003.VOB etc
    because otherwise vob edit wont join the clips. It just doesnt work at all if they are not named this way.

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Thanks for the reply, mikeyUK. :)

Maybe you could try DVD Shrink to crop the unwanted Warner logo; just make sure you do it before sticking all the vob files in the same folder though. ;)

4. train

train Member

Gee, lets get a little bitter here.
    [bold]Mr. mikeyUK,[/bold]
    The way i put the instructions are both ways.
    You can get stereo or using the software mentioned get 5.1.
    Study up on what i put there for the person that cannot get [bold]ANYTHING[/bold] on disc.
    The dicussion rooms are for obtaining information from someone else [bold]supposedly[/bold] with knowledge of what can be used to benifit that somebody.
    And [bold]Mr. mikeyUK[/bold] one click of a botton in neoDVD Plus and it is now recorded in 5.1.

Oh yes, like i said, read up on things and learn what information is being offered before you assume anything.
    Check me out first before [bold]tearing into my ass like that.[/bold]

Only trying to help (the weak) for not doing the research on there own FIRST and (the ignorant) becouse they did not check out the information they got from someone else. Then, if they do neither? Well, heaven help them because we can't..
    Have a good day!
    Study the last thing written. You need to know this..

>>There are no knowns.. You only know what you know when you know it!!<<_X_X_X_X_X_[small]dtrain[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003
  5. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

lol, your sarcastic post got what it deserved
    however you want to word it. Your still re-recording the signal. Which will result in sound loss as well as video.

Go ahead, use your recorder for doing your backups. Thats ok, but next time try not refer to other people on the forum as the weak and ignorant when all your doing is pressing play and record to create your backups, hehe

6. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

I'll take a look at that software ddlooping

But doesnt dvdshrink just squash it down to size to fit on a dvd-r ? I'm not sure if it crops vobs. I'll check it out.

7. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

mikeyUK, one of DVD Shrink's numerous features is the ability to crop the start and/or end point of a title. :)
    Its main one is indeed to compress, but it is not a required step. ;)

8. train

train Member

[bold]Mr. mikeyUK[/bold],
    You are one strange person and funny too.
    lol
    [bold]Hell, this is not just for you Mr. mikeyUK[/bold] don't take it so personal!!

I like pressing [bold]one or two buttons[/bold] and getting software to do my work for me. Doesn't everyone?
    I see your 1 1/2 years behind me in DVD activaty.
    I do not have the time nor the inclination to do (the hard way) what the software is designed to do for you today. I do not think you know as much as you think and surely do not know NeoDVD Plus software.
    [bold]Mister[/bold],
    You do not know me or what i do for a living, but here it is---
    I work for Lockheed Martin at NASA as a Sr. Project Design Engineer and Documentation Expert using more software in one week than most in a lifetime.
    So, thru a ALL-IN-WONDER card and being an mp2 capture file a 5.1 can be made using SOFTWARE to accomplish this. I have over 125 VHS to DVD conversions to date and yes they are in 5.1.
    My DVD's are ripped and using DVD2One are put on a 4.7 disc using Stomps-Record Now Max.

>>There are no knowns. You only know what you know when you know it!!<< (And you don't)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]dtrain[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003
  9. train

train Member

Oh I almost forgot.
    Here are some of the DVD software programs used by myself (proficiently) in the past to make DVD's and now are being used by you.

DVD Aspi version checker, DVD AutoStart for Disk Play, DVD AVIMux_GUI 1.11,DVD bbDemux, DVD BitRate Calculator, DVD CCE Recompression to 4.7, DVD DecodeVOB 1.5 demultiplexer, DVD Decrypter 3.1.4.0, DVD DirectDVD 4.47, DVD DVD2AVI Coding Ware, DVD DVD2one Paid Mode Code, DVD InFoEdit, DVD ReMpeg2 Recompression to 4.7, DVD SpruceUp Aurthering Software VHS_MP2, DVD TMPGEnc Version 2.510, DVD VFAPI Reader Codec v1.05, DVD VirtualDub 1.4.13 P4, DVD VobEdit 06, DVD vStrip 0.8f_css and on and on.

I will not respond to this thread unless it is expressly for a problem with DVD2One.

Have a nice day folks. :)

>>There are no knowns. You only know what you know when you know it!!>>

10. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Guys, lets get this thread back on topic, which is, for those with amnesia, making a single sided DVD-R out of a flipper (two sided pressed commercial DVD)

Right?

Paul.

PS : The particular film in this case if Goodfellas.

11. ctyper

ctyper Member

sorry loaded, but i have got to congratulate the guy who can make 5.1 channel soundtracks from a stereo source - a true accomplishment.
    Why not just connect 5 speakers and a sub to your STEREO hifi to get the same effect!!

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sorry loaded for going off topic (again).....

Ctyper - what do you mean, connecting 5 speakers and a sub (i presume you mean active) will be put an enormous strain on a 2 channel amplifier. For example, if your amplifier is rated at 20watts RMS per channel at 6ohms, if you go and put 5 20-50 watt speakers (6ohms), you are going to create enormous strain. Never wire your amp in series circuit (daisy chain) this will screw it up!

No more off topic from me Paul ;-)

13. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Thank you.

Like your sig, btw :)

Paul.

14. train

train Member

Hello all,
    As for GoodFellas pop the DVD it in your computer (if your system has the right hardware and software) and get an mp2 file and have the software strip out the streams for you in 5.1 and then make the single DVD as outlined in my previous entries.
    I do not run or make DVD's on via a standard system of course.
    I use my 27" Sony Trinitron TV for my monitor and Sony reciever hooked into a set of Klipsch La Scala speakers and a set of BOSE's + my TV speakers and it sounds great. So spend a little money on a better video card and some software and be done with it.
    Oh and that system is dedicated soley to the making and capturing of movies for making DVD's it NEVER goes on line.
    System: ASUS P4B533-E motherboard, 2.53ghz processor w/512fsb, 1gig ram, 3-60gig 133mhz Maxtor hard drives (2 in RAID formation as a 120gig drive) 2 DVD burners a (+) and a (-),ALL-IN-WONDER 8500pro w/128 vRAM Video Card, CustomLite encoder/decoder sound variation card some other minor hardware and the recording software.

Well Folks, I can see i can no longer get/give anymore info from/to this thread.
    If you have the time then get in the trenches and spend hours upon hours to get a DVD done.

Take care of each other - that is all we have.
    This is my last entry here on this thread..

>>There are no knowns.. You only know what you know when you know it!!<<

Last edited: Jun 18, 2003
  15. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

Hehe, Your last entry………..
    That’s what u said in your last entry

Train, stop being defensive. You’re the one who began with
    Help the weak and ignorant speech. And now your giving us all this pretentious
    Boasting emails about how you work for nassa and you’re an expert about dvd ripping.
    Sorry man I'm not impressed

Lets get with the picture, get this thread back on subject

http://ifoedit.wh.fr0zen.com/joinclip.html this guide

Has anyone else got that guide to work ?
    coz it dont work for me

16. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

To bring this thread back to some normality , I have tried carlitob's way & it works like a charm
    [​IMG]

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Is it better to compress each discs VOB files before or after joining?

18. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

After...

19. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I'm sorry fellas I just had to comment on this. Works for Nasa as a documentation expert but can't spell "activity". This shit had me rollin. __X_X_X_X_X_[small]Don't ask a question that has been asked a million times already don't be lazy all the info you need is here: http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/

Pioneer A05
    Xbox
    PS2- Magic 3.1
    Over 50 Movies so far to know what I got PM me.
    [/small]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  20. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

After, if you try to do it before you would need to know what size each vob has to be for all to come out to 4.36GB. Its possible but would make this a lot harder.