1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star View " The BOX"

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by faolteam, Jul 15, 2007.

1. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

hope i am in the right area im new but can anyone answer the following questions ?

1. do i need a null modem cable with this product?
    2. does this work from ntl analogue
    3. If i bring this to Spain near torrevieja will this work from the Spanish analogue ??
    4.Is this the best product on market now?
    [ + quote]
    Edit thread title

also how do i know its a clone fella on ebay called Starviewcable has a 99.9% feedback anyone buy of him

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

The box has not been cloned yet. The seller also has a good rep.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  3. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

can i ask y it would not work in spain?

are the instructions in the box adequeate to explain what to do cause i aint got a clue about updates etc not even sure if my computer can take a null modem cable its 8 year old aghhhhhhhhhhhhh

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Im not sure but I think I remember reading that it wont work in Spain , but as I said , im not too sure.

Check if you have a 9 pin connector port on your pc

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Spain works on Nagra 2 totally different to here. Your computer will take a 9 pin female connection because older computers actually have a DB9M port, old but good for you ;)

You can download a Starview Help Guide, you will find this in Eamos Eko link at the bottom of my post. Click the link then the Starview folder, then documentation, download the PDF help file. All the info you need is here.

6. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

thanks a lot sc0user im only this site a few hours and you are very helpful thanks ,

one thing i want to know is:

Who you would recommend for me to buy a genuine star view box 2 of ? = wizard , the person i mentioned also what sort of a null modem cable do i need or is it a standard make

if you could send me the flashing and reflashing explanation id be grateful thanks mate .

7. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

thanks a lot sc0user im only this site a few hours and you are very helpful thanks ,

one thing i want to know is:

Who you would recommend for me to buy a genuine star view box 2 of ? = wizard , the person i mentioned also what sort of a null modem cable do i need or is it a standard make

if you could send me the flashing and reflashing explanation id be grateful thanks mate .

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I am heading off for the evening. So to answer your query before I leave. I cannot recommend you buy off anyone as it is against forum rules to advertise, but these guys do supply only genuine boxes.

The null modem cable should come supplied with the box. If it doesnt come back here and I will give you info on where to get it.

The full instructions for the box update/flashing is nearly the same as the Starview. You use the same loader but different firmware . The firmware is also area dependent upon wheter you are in the UK or Ireland.

You can download the Starview PDF Guide here at Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/ . Click the link, then Starview, then Starview Documentation, then download the Starview PDF guide, remember what I said about same loader different firmware.

Goodnight and if you need more help just drop back and ask.

9. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

i am now deciding which box to go for the eurovox the dbox or the starview box i live in Dublin Ireland and am not sure if they all work off the NTL analogue

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

As far as i am aware , the boxes you listed above all work with N*L , I cant recommend which to buy as I only know about the SV