1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by timmymo, Dec 22, 2004.

1. timmymo

timmymo Member

I was just wondering if anyone out there can help me with a LAN problem on starcraft. Battlenet makes it very hard for my brother and I to play together. We are connected through a Linksys BEFSR41. We are both using XP Pro, and have our own cd keys for starcraft. We have tried to setup static IP adresses, and tried through port forwarding. I'm not sure I did everything right but, I tried several times. Any help would be appreciated.

2. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I dont know if you can do this now because there is no double-posting but you should have put this on one of the cpu forums. I dont really know anything about this game but maybe putting it in a different category would be better and they would know about it there. I dont think u should do it though because you might get into trouble.

3. timmymo

timmymo Member

This is a router problem not a game problem so much.

4. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

If you have some sort of firewall and blocking thing it will lag in starcraft real bad. i had the same problem when i got my router but fixed it by exiting all my firewalls and other progs that block stuff.

5. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Yea there is this game i used to play Runescape, and i cant play it at all anymore because of firewalls, to get rid of them you can open ports or you can go to the specific firewall and tell the websites for them not to affect. Well i hope that this helps a bit... I HATE LAG AND FIREWALLS LOL JK.

6. timmymo

timmymo Member

this is not a firewall problem either. My brother and I want to play in the same game together. We are both in the same room connected to the same router. This is the problem. We have the firewalls off and we set us up static IP adresses. We even tried port forewarding and port triggering. If you have more info please send back. We also looked at the blizzard website and they said that it is not possible. There are other web sites about this problem but I havent found one that works.

7. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well i can tell you arent getting help from here so put this in the right category. There will be people there that know a lot about computers and can help you.

8. jago

jago Member

i have the same problem with the same model router. i can't get around it either. tried all the same stuff you have. no soultions yet.

just thought i'd add something,
    j

9. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Like i said guys, you would get more answers in a PC forum. People that specifically know about computers and can solve computer problems can help you here and ive seen that you've got just about no help in this forum. Take my advice.