1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview 1 box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by barneybod, May 31, 2007.

1. barneybod

barneybod Member

hi can anyone tell me if this is the last update for star view 1 boxes or how long it will last with this latest version ,only plasterd all on ebay says buy the latest starview 2 box as the old no 1 starviews cant be updated anymore and wont work ,so do we have to lash out more money , on another starview box 2,thanks a concerned upgrader

2. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Hi mate, just stumbled upon your post. The new starview called 'the box' is the same as the original. Dont mind the stuff sellers are saying about there not being any more updates, they are only trying to sell the new ones !.
    The new software is v4.00 and it seems to be working grand !

3. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Just to add little, They just changed the shape (Outer casing of starview) And gave it a name the box. Tuner and all other stuff is same. It was just to fight the clone starview boxes.

4. pat56550

pat56550 Member

hello guys i have starview sold to me as starview2 but i cant see any difference i put in v4.oo s/w and works fine i had v3.oo in but had some problems with freezing . as far as i can find out this s/w will auto update if there is a key change meybe someone can confirm this. good luck...pat

5. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

yeah pat it auto update.if you what to test it go to main menu press 1570 and press set default key then go to a pay channel and let it update .if it updates the autoroll works if it doesn't then your autoroll is not working

6. pat56550

pat56550 Member

thanks ryanmg just tried but no 0/0 running looks like auto not working aqny fix please thank you

7. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

re flash then try it again