1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 2 'The Box' disappearing channels.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by penfold83, Jul 18, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You can arrange them in channel edit or if you want to go the full hog you can dowload the SVCE (Starview Channel Editor) and put the channels exactly as you would like them

2. levi07

levi07 Member

nd you need a wire to connect the starview to the pc? dont tink i got this with my box

3. swanf

swanf Member

Got it sorted - but didn't do a Factory reset this time - I just did an autoscan on top of the 37 channels I had and the rest came up - weird or what !!

thanks for the assistance to all

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

5. madspoon

madspoon Member

I'd just like to point out there are no refunds for boxes thrown out windows :) That Firhouse one was from a few days ago. When I get time there will be another one somewhere on the net. (From here on in by the way they are no longer Plug N Play. Best people do thier on Scan and organise their own Fav's me thinks)

Glad to see you got it sorted. Word is what happened today was to make way for new channels.Look at the free experiance your getting too :-D We all had to start somewhere :)

On a side note how the bloody hell do you do smilies on this forum?!?! I give up!

6. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Yeah got it sorted and as you say, we have to start somewhere :)

That channel dump you had was top notch I must say ;-)

I did download another channel dump to "The Box", but let me know if you do decide to up another channel dump.

Sandisk

7. madspoon

madspoon Member

There defo will be another.

Here is something I learnt this morning after posing the question on another forum. I know how to use the channel editor but I could not figure out how to sort my Fav's and then into a channel order within those Fav's. Turns out the creator left out a valuable piece of info from his instructions.

Here is what you do (I think!)

Download your current channels. Using the channel edit yoke sort them into alphabetical order and them choose what favourite groups you want them in.

Now here is the bit that was missing......

Tick the sort box... HOLD DOWN SHIFT and sort your first Fav in descending order...KEEP SHIFT HELD DOWN then do the second, third, fourth and fifth in descending order. Untick "Sort"

Now you can start moving(Drag and dropping) the channels within the Fav's and when saved and up loaded (Not yet tested as I am in work) it will be very accurate, bar where you have the same channel in two Fav's. E.G Sky News in TV and then In News&Sport. Then odd channel might require being tweaked with the remote.

Below I am trying to use dots to explain as I can't upload a pic.

Fav1
    . Move Channels in this group.
    Fav2
    Fav3
    FAv4
    Fav5

Hope that makes sense.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

9. dettes

dettes Member

Thank you ryanmg. This worked perfectly for me. Information just the way I like straight forward accurate and step by step.