1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview channels still locked after update???

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by svsi, Jun 30, 2007.

1. svsi

svsi Member

Hi,
    I am new to this so apologies if the post is a bit confusing. Basically my girlfriend has a starview box (definately not a clone from what ive read and also the pictures i have compared the box to online), after a month or so we lost sky sports, discovery channels etc?

After looking on the net i found you had to update the box, so i bought an update from ebay and the guy told me it would auto update. Well after loading the software onto the box and performing an automatic scan we are still in the same position with the missing channels.

I went into the system information part of the menu of the box and found the following information.

Api: Version 3.00 e_E
    Boot Version: 7.0
    27 May 2007

The guy i bought the update from is sure it should work but cant work out why, was kinda hoping that someone on here may be able to help me?

If you need any further information please ask as i need to get this sorted, im trying to watch the Copa America and can watch a single match.

Thanks

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

first you shouldn't buy firmware(updates) because you can get them here for free.
    now go to main menu press 1570 and turn emu on.any channels that say scrambled or bad channel will say data is being updated it will update.
    you can't get sky one on a starview but to get sky sport right down the frequency of the channel then go to manual scan and put the frequency in there.

3. svsi

svsi Member

Perfect m8, thanks alot. I will be over there later and will give that atry, any other issues that i have i will be sure to put them on this forum.

Wont be buying any other updates.

Thanks again m8

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

no prob

5. nojoy

nojoy Member

Hi,
    I paid 30euro per box yesterday to have my software updated so that the codes would auto update and now they do but I have lst most ststions since the change over tonight can anyone suggest anything after all at this stage I am out over 500 euro on the two boxes
    Help please

6. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

30 Euro is expensive for 2 mins work :(

If you go to menu > Installation > Manual Scan > OK
    It should find the channels you are missing and they will be saved at the end of your list !