1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Fekker, Jan 25, 2007.

1. traumatic

traumatic Member

If it's a kosher n*l box that should have happened. You've got to keep the n*l box on so that then they ping it, it talks back. The SV box will stay quiet!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  2. shilly

shilly Member

`sorry but im another one of those sado's whos absolute crap on a pc but i do have 2 star view boxes down and i really dont want to bother fecker like every one else , i think hes had enough but i need help , is there any one who could send me the new programs or updates plz plz plz

3. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Download the links and follow the instructions below.
    http://www.skywonder.co.uk/GTRom v41.00.zip

http://www.skywonder.co.uk/STAR VIEW_26012007_257eE_api.bin

http://www.zen29306.zen.co.uk/winrar300.exe

4. crashd

crashd Regular member

~I'm desperate for someone who got the disk with their starview box to PM me so I can get the files off them. I've been trying for days now.

5. shilly

shilly Member

the biggest "THANK YOU" going out to fekker!ive downloaded the bin file do i then have to put the key numbers in? ive tried that before and it wont let me store the numbers Sorry to be a pain im on a dbox2 this is for to family members who are worse than me PLEASE HELP IF POSS

6. shilly

shilly Member

SHILLY HERE I STILL CANT GET THESE BASTARDS TO WORK IVE HAD A FEW BEERS NOW SO THERE NEARLY IN THE BIN!!!!!!!BUT AS I SAID IM ON A DBOX2 SO IVE AT LEAST GOT THE DERBY TOMORROW(SCOUSER)(LFC)I SUPPOSE EVERYONE CAN COME ROUND HERE BUT IF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH MORE IDEAS IM ALL EARS (AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SO FAR FEKKER,AND IF YOU COME TO LIVERPOOL THE BEERS ARE ON ME)

7. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Ignore the keys, just flash the image to the Starview, the GTLOADER will tell you when it has been successful, then do a factory reset on them and go into the MENU 1570 and turn the emu on.

8. shilly

shilly Member

thanks "fekker" ive just got your message ill try that in a bit ,ill let you know how i get on!

9. crashd

crashd Regular member

Thanks for all the help guys but I'm giving up. I'm no technophobe and I'm sure I've been doing everything correctly and I just can't get the download to start.

what are the alternatives to starview. I know if I get another box it will probably be able to flash but something tells me as it's so popular the CC will always be on it's case

10. tuohy

tuohy Member

hi, mate p.m your email and i will send you step by stap instructions with the new update 259, P.M{PERSONAL MESSAGE}

11. bashlo

bashlo Member

12. eurovox

eurovox Guest

Hi, I found the wholesaller selling Starview, Eurovox, Dreambox and with new software at very good price. http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  13. bellah

bellah Member

Hello there folks. Many thanks for all the updates and advice for the starview box. It all worked a treat. My box has just gone off again. Has anyones elses?

14. desulph

desulph Regular member

Bellah, Try leaving your box on one of the pay channels. See if it starts to update. I have seen boxes take up to 5mins to actually come back on. Just be patient. Sometimes they will count as far as 350% before coming back on.

15. bemused

bemused Member

put mine on Sky 1 last night, went up to 650%, but all come back on fine

16. toondavy

toondavy Member

hi guys , ive been trying all day to flash the file to my starview box but it keeps on failing . i have all the gear and have followed the step by step guide ..........any pointers much appreciated

17. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I've posted a tutorial here;

http://www.techno-source.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=22

18. feefster

feefster Member

Hellooooo. Does anyone know how I can link up my Starview and the new V+ box so that both are connected to the one TV? Also I only have the basic backage thru my V+ box. Obviously it has the benefit of recording programmes but doesn't have all channels like the starview box. Is it possible to record programmes/channels on V+ box that I have on Starview? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank u

19. tuohy

tuohy Member

hi,
    use a 2way splitter,and no u will not be able to record what u r watching on your statview and record it on yout vbox

20. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You don't need a splitter with a Starview. Connect the V+ box to the loopthrough output on the Starview.