1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by barking, Jul 1, 2007.

1. barking

barking Guest

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me. I have a genuine starview with the v4 software loaded but it keeps saying data is being updated. When it updates nothing happens except that it stars all over again saying that data is being updated. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

go to system information and make sure that you have v4 on it because that only happens on 2.55,2.59 etc.and then go to the main menu press 1570 and set default key.

3. barking

barking Guest

Hi ryanmg. The actual box is not mine. When I press menu it asks me for a password. I put in 0000 but will not accept. My pal who owns it can't remember her password. Anything else I can do. Thanks

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

the master code is 1668 try that.

5. barking

barking Guest

You are agem. That worked fine. I am now going to put the v4 software on it. I have a problem with another box and will get back to you in a few mins if thats ok. Thanks again. Really appreciate it

6. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

yeah no prob you should probably go to parental control and change the password to 0000 so that you friend can put in a new one that he/she can remember.

7. barking

barking Guest

Good idea. Thats done and new sotware updated and no probs. The last box I have has the v4 software and a genuine one but keeps saying info scrambled or bad chanel. I have a feeling that she may have tried to enter codes on it and I said that you did not need codes with the v4 software. Sitting here looking at a blank screen. Any ideas

8. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Check the EMU key is On

9. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

go to main menu press 1570, you will be in the cas menu the last option in the menu is key emu turn it on.then go to a scrambled channel and let it update.

10. barking

barking Guest

Have done that but nothing is updating.

11. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

so it just says scrambled or bad channel on all channels.

12. barking

barking Guest

yep thats it.

13. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

make sure emu is on and check all the channels because some channels are not working today like mgm movies.

14. barking

barking Guest

ok have done that and I can get some channels but only about 5. Whats the story there. No sky movies or sky sports.

15. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Try turning ot off from the back for a couple of seconds and turn it back on

16. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

does it say data is being updated on sky channels.if it still says scrambled or bad channel.
    go to main menu go to factory settings.no you have reset the whole box.do a channel scan once it has scanned the channels go to main menu press 1570 and turn emu on it should work.

17. barking

barking Guest

Hi Leslie, have done that but only have a few stations working.

18. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Look at Ryans post above yours , thats the last resort

19. Deeming

Deeming Guest

Hey, i have a problem, im trying to flash the updated firmware onto my starview box but it keeps coming up error, it is a REAL box and not a coppy, i have tryed everything but it wont work, any sugestions?

Cheers

20. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member