1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by leese, Jan 27, 2007.

1. leese

leese Member

can anyone offer any advice got a starview box yesterday, worked fine for about an hour then i could not get any channels except the free to view ones. Got back in touch with the supplier he told me to update by loading gtrom on to computer then bin file on to gtrom tried and tried still no joy will not do anything. I'm no computer buff and need advice, in simple english any help out there??

2. Manc_Andy

Manc_Andy Member

Check out the starveiw link. Fekker has a detailed explanation of who to fix this problem

3. indublin

indublin Member

When I first got one I wanted to go through all of the menus and see all of the options, do scans etc. And I messed it up. But it's probably the best thing I did, although I had to do without it for a night.

You need to load the software (as you said you did), then you need to go to the secret menu and turn the ENU on... You may also have to do a scan again if the channels have been deleted...

On mine you just go to the Parental Controls menu and press 2400 and the menu appears... press down to EMU and turn it on...

There are many other settings, and one or two different codes depending on the model... But as mentioned above the solution to your problem is here, just browse or search the starview section.

Let us know how you get on and what solved the problem too...

Good Luck!

4. jbotma

jbotma Member

5. indublin

indublin Member

The updates are available here without having to pay.... Besides I notice in the ebay add the seller is suggesting a male to male cable... You need a female to female cable if you have the same Starview box as me...

6. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

cheeky fooker... the guy joggiebotma emailed me yesterday for the files and now the fooker has put it up on ebay for sale.....

7. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

See ya canae trust anyone these days

8. sadfart

sadfart Member

9. sadfart

sadfart Member

Fekker your the man i need your help, please help me. I bought starbox yesterday cant get any premium channels.
    I have read your detailed instructions but r somewhat confused as i am a computer virgin. Spent all last night on this forum and i am very confused.
    Bought the null lead 2day from maplins. Tried to download fix but i dont no how to do it. what does 1 do after going into shareware link what do i have to type. Please be gentle with me as the family has had no tv for 2 nights now while i fart around trying to resolve the problem. Feel as if i am pissing into the wind and i am now drowning in it,
    please please help r failing that give me the name of a good divorce solicitor, HELP

10. Ultratek

Ultratek Member

Goto www.satdownloads.co.uk - register (free) - look for Starview items and find a 4 pager 'How to do it' by Lucid. Download the software from the reciever section (gt rom. exe and software version 257) i tried 258 but it did not work for me. Just follow lucids instructions. Job done

11. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

On the rapidshare site click on free download, put the code shown into the box and wait on your download ticket.

12. eurovox

eurovox Guest

Hi, I found the wholesaller selling Starview, Eurovox, Dreambox and with new software at very good price. http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  13. kambaz

kambaz Guest

my starview box freezes for like a second and then goes back to normal. anyone know how to get rid of this problem? email me on kamal_b@hotmail.co.uk thanks