1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview PVR help please!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Haich, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Haich

Haich Member

Hi guys, just joined today!

I'm having a nightmare with my recently purchased starview pvr box and I'm hoping you guys can help. I'll provide as much information as possible.

System information:
    Starview PVR
    Dual Record PVR
    E_Ver 1.137 T2, 29 Mar 2007.

Basically I'm only recieing the freeview channels. I have gone to parentalk control, pressed (i) then (2007). This brings up the Cas System screen and the 2 options available are Nagravision I,II and Autoupdate option (which I have changed to ON).

After this I goto the channel I want to view but it says:
    INFO
    Wait for picture....

I've left the channel like this for over 20 minutes and nothing happens.....it searches for the channel then starts again!

I dont know what else to do!

Please help!

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    From the look of your post you have very early software installed. goto Menu/System Setup/System Information and if it says E_Ver 1.137 T2 etc as you posted then thats your problem.
    Goto the link below, look in the 'Starview PVR' Folder for software and D/Load (Ver 4.506 Oct)and (PVR loader 4.01).Then look in Documentaion folder and read lots of how too's

http://eko.4shared.com/
    jbvid

3. Haich

Haich Member

Thanks for that! Will try it out in the morning but it is well appreciated!

4. Haich

Haich Member

Hi,

I've followed the instructions on that link and onneted my laptop with the cable box.

Following the instructions, it says do the following on step 2:

'Main Menu-> Select ‘HDD Mode Change PVR’-> Press ‘0000’ on the RCU
    ( Showed ‘HDD Mode Change PC’ )

Problem is, there is no 'HDD Mode Chnage PVR' - the option I can highlight is 'HDD Mode Change No' and I can't change the 'No'....

So I'm stuck!

5. Haich

Haich Member

Hi all,

Quick update...

I decided to update the firmware using the serial method - couldnt have gone smoothly!

Everything working fine - JBVideo - thanks for all your help!

H

6. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Glad you are sorted, I was going to say use the serial method if not able to use HDD. Now you have the newer software and you have a H/D installed you should be able to do a USB connection transfer when a new release of the software is available. The new software is saved to your H/D via USB then the transfer to Flash memory is carried out through the Menu system. Easier than connecting up Com port cable and running the PVR Loader.
    jbvid