1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam ? please help me

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by desmet9, Jan 22, 2007.

1. desmet9

desmet9 Regular member

I just registered an account with steam. Bought day of defeat and it installed it. Well the next day i wake up and think hmm....ill play some day of defeat only to find a message saying that my account has been banned. Can someone tell me how to find a cd key of this game that i purchased from online. I try looking on their forums but hey im banned from there too. I try looking on their support but im banned their too. i just want to see the cd key of my game and make a enw account and this will all be solved. but when i go to the my games list their is nothing that shows my cd key and their is no email address on steam's website so that i can ask them about it. customer support..ha..

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I presume you bought it online as used. Also fair to guess that the seller won't give a refund.

I tried contacting steam on a HL2 Episode question. They never responded. From their apparent attitude and what I found on the web site leads me to surmized you are blued and tatooed. Soory.

Try to Google for other online "solutions". Sure to be a challenge.

3. desmet9

desmet9 Regular member

no no no...I purchased the game from steam online, and it was provided with no cd key just automatically installed the game to my account after the purchase went through

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

You definitely need to contact steam!! If they took your money online, they owe you support. BIG TIME.

5. bkim

bkim Member

wow i hate steam too, i always hear about how bad their customer support is. anyways have you played the game after you installed it? also there should be something about online proof of purchases or something.
    if there aren't any of those, definately contact steam

6. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

Don't waste your money on steam games is my advice!

I had 24 diff steam games... Came home from school.

"Oh sorry your account is disabled" and they didn't give it back! and I did nothing wrong...you know we could probably sue them you know?

hmmmm "evil grin"

7. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

@Desmet
    Contact steam, they will get back to you given the right amount of time, contact by phone for better results, but just emailing them will solve the problem.

@Rulisky
    Dude, Steam support is very reliable your case is probably an anomoly. I waited one business day for a reply to my email.