1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stops playing back

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by AzJoJo, Jul 5, 2007.

1. AzJoJo

AzJoJo Member

I have a DVDRHD04.

Had so much trouble getting it to defrag.. now.. it will record for the length of time I set it for.. but when I play the program it recorded, it will only let me see about 30 mins of it and then stops. When I look in the browser.. there is the program of the full 4 hours.. No, my hd is not full.. was the only program on it. What can I do to be sure that what I record.. all of it will playback? ugh.

2. AzJoJo

AzJoJo Member

I am sorry... forgot to say the recorder is an Ilo DVDRHD04.

3. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi AzJoJo, I own 4 hdo4s all with bigger HDDs now, I do not defrag anymore, it has corrupted too many of my files in the past. To see if your file is corrupted go into EDIT mode, press PLAY, chapter up and, if corrupted) the end of the status bar will be grey passed the 30 minutes, if so that file is not recoverable, delete it. Back-up your good files and do a restore and also a full erase (if you're still running on a 80GB HDD), this will help it cleaning and clearing up any bugs. One question, are you on the latest firmware version (201 August 2005)? If not upgrade and proceed with the restore and full erase.

Good Luck

CC

4. AzJoJo

AzJoJo Member

CC... I have nothing at this time recorded..

Are you saying to go to "edit" of a program recorded?

Can you please be more specific of how you want me to get to where you tell me to do the test to see if it is corrupted?

I went from my remote button.. to edit.. up came a screen.. but there is nothing to edit or play.

I really appreciate your taking the time to try to help me resolve this.. and yes.. I have the latest firmware update.. Last time I had a problem Ilo told me to do that.. and what they forgot to tell me.. is that all the programs that I had recorded and were to record were wiped out! Again thanks, AzJoJo

5. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Yes, I was saying to go into edit mode of a recorded program that you thought was corrupted to verify if in fact it was. Now that your HDD is empty, give it a test run by recording at HQ for at least 30 minutes, start playing the file, pull the plug, reboot, highlight the file, go into edit mode, press play, fast forward to about 12 minute mark and let it play, the recording (if corrupted) will crap out at the 15 minutes 23 seconds mark approx., and you'll see in the status bar the corrupted section greyed out, if not corrupted, it will play to the end.

If you've supersized your HDD, then it's a formatting issue, I can help with that also, if you're still running on the 80GB, the full erase will reformat the HDD properly, and will erase all files (video, music & jpeg) and you'll need to reset your timers even if they look ok, better to redo them than realize later that there not working.
    Let us know how you made out.

Good Luck

CC

6. AzJoJo

AzJoJo Member

Thanks CC..

Did what you suggested.. recorded and then played and went to edit.. all was fine.

I thin I will take the suggestion and do a full erase and redo my timers.

It is weird how it happens so sporadically.

Maybe that will resolve the issue. I will let you know.

And no, I never "supersized" my HD. 80 gigs works for me as I only record and then delete, so have not really ever found the need to supersize.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to help me. AzJoJo