1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'STRANGER THAN FICTION' dvd clonedvd error copying

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by joniskaos, Feb 13, 2007.

1. DVDultra

DVDultra Guest

Dont know why PPL are having such a tough time with this movie!!!Just Decrypt the movie to your hard drive with DVDfab Decrypter,then run the movie with DVDshrink,perform deep analysis for great quilty.Movies 4.35GB and ready to burn with your choice of Burning software.

Simple

2. elby

elby Member

Just insert the original disc while AnyDVD is running and use CloneDVD.

3. NellyNel

NellyNel Member

I have tried DVD Region and DVD Shrink, DVD Decryptor, DVD Fab Decryptor, Clone DVD and Any DVD and nothing has worked. :(

Not a single one can even open or read the disc.

4. areamike

areamike Member

NellyNel,
    What kind fo DVD burner d you have?
    Also, what versions of Software are you using?

I was able to backup this DVD using RI4M all by itself and DVD decrypter. I never started AnyDVD or DVD region free.
    Try cleaning the DVD.

5. NellyNel

NellyNel Member

You know actually I just finished it successfully using the latest RipIt4Me, hehe. Thanks for the help anyways though.

On a side note. Is it normal for DVD burners to eventually give out from too much burning and/or ripping? I had to buy a new dvd burner because it stopped burning discs unless I restarted my computer before every try. My new burner has just started doing the same thing now too and it's a totally different brand from the last. Oh well, hehe

6. areamike

areamike Member

Your DVD burner issues may have been solved by upgrading your Firmware before purchasing a new DVD burner.

7. NellyNel

NellyNel Member

Nah I tried that. The new burner was a gift anyways so it's all good. :)

Was just wondering if this kind of thing is normal.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  8. areamike

areamike Member

To be honest I have never heard of that. I have a burner that has been used 100's of times. I bought another one and it has been used 100's of times as well. Both are still going strong. Liteon is about the only brand I will buy since I have never had problems with them. And for the price, they can't be beat IMO.

Sorry for the off-topic post!

9. cnb1703

cnb1703 Guest

Thats werid how so many people are having problems with this movie. I made a perfect copy of this movie and had no problems what so ever. Here is what im using and what i did.

What Im using:

Anydvd (using the most updated version)
    CloneDVD2 (using the most updated version)
    Taiyo Yuden dvd-r
    LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S BURNER (using the most updated firmware version)

What i did:

i just had anydvd running in the background to remove all that anti copy carp on the dvd. Then i used CloneDVD2 to make a copy of the dvd.
    I burned the Taiyo Yuden dvd-r at 4x speed

10. javon1979

javon1979 Member

has anyone ever heard of DVD FAB DECRYPTOR
    it works for every movie made in the last 2 years
    stranger than fiction i just burnt

11. delslower

delslower Member

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@delslower

Where did you get that malarkay? For 1st 2 years I burned with 256mb ram and then moved to 512mb last year, which I presently have. I NEVER restart after a burn and I almost NEVER make frisbies.

13. nitepeopl

nitepeopl Guest

why can't anyone see Why people are having trouble. If I was the publisher this is exactly what I would want everyone confused!! I back up my movies all the time but this one is giving me trouble too. As soon as it gets in the drive the drive light goes nuts, and every time i try to open the disk (finder included). I'm getting the erros in clone. I check ANY again and the drives are disabled now!!!. Shrink shuts, dvdfam askes me for some bullshit IFO info before doing nothing. ah maybe i'll do some updates and if that don't work I download a pirated copy off a torrent and call it a fuckin day! What a waste of time.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@nitepeopl

AnyDVD is out with 6.1.3.0. Upgrade and see if you can do it now.

15. ireland

ireland Active member

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1712901&postcount=11

MORE INFO ON THIS MOVIE HERE
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?s=99c4c9eea48e36794987efc1755f472b&t=2058

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  16. nitepeopl

nitepeopl Guest

Well I updated RIFM and it worked, but remember I said My Drive Light went nuts, Anydvd was disabled, noone would let me in "access denided" AND when i did RIFM it asked me to set my region code! Now my question is "Did this corporation just do permanent damage to my PC!" I guess $600 for a 60 gb hd (ps3) is not low down dirty enough.

17. distorto

distorto Member

my ripit4me crashes before i even start ripping.

18. gwazi

gwazi Guest

dvd fab just updated the 2nd of march.......i''m sure many know this, i just wanted to pass along to those who might not know yet. it's a crying shame, that the free dvd fab is still updated, while my copy of dvdregion+css free hasn't been updated since late october of lst year. like many oters have said here..if you want to spend money spend it on anydvd. anyone tried dvd fa on vista? anydvd sems to work fine. still the best forum of it's kind on the net (afterdawn) many thanks to the moderaters and senior members

19. turtlegod

turtlegod Member

Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks for all the help it seems all I had to do was update my dvd decrypter version and rip it for me did the rest I suppose that all parts must be updated if possible thanks again I burned a clean beautiful copy no glitches

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Sometimes the simplest of things goes unnoticed.