1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'STRANGER THAN FICTION' dvd clonedvd error copying

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by joniskaos, Feb 13, 2007.

1. OhSoS

OhSoS Member

same here; with both of my drives.
    I've got a Lite-On SOHW-1635S, and a Lite-On SHD-16P1S.

When I initially put the disc in, some Sony crap popped up (looked like some kind of media player), and I closed it, but then couldn't get DVD Shrink to see the disc w/ AnyDVD running in the background. I rebooted, and now nothing sees the disc EXCEPT for AnyDVD (ver 6.0.9.6), and nothing happens, except for the drive going nuts.

The obnoxious thing is that I stuck it in my media player box that has no burner or burning software, and it played just fine.
    I suspect that Sony might have installed some malware.

I should also mention that I have autorun disabled...grr...it should never have been allowed to autorun in the first place.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  2. OhSoS

OhSoS Member

Ok...restarted with the disc in the drive this time, and windows explorer

saw the disc. However, DVD Shrink & DVD Decryptor still wouldn't see the

disc.

RI4M seemed to work, but the DVD Decryptor rip was reading extremely slowly,

so I swapped the disc to my other drive. But....Windows Explorer still

showed the disc in D: (DVD-RW), even though I put it in E: (DVD-ROM), and again every program read no disc in any drive.

Restarted again, this time w/ disc in drive E:, and as expected, windows

explorer sees the disc in E:, and RI4M worked again.
    This drive is a little newer, and seemed to read a little faster,

though still it was still very slow.

At any rate, I've got DVD Shrink making an image for me now.

Thanks for the tip on RipIt4Me!
    Must try the latest version of CloneDVD; between all the shit that RI4M had to do, plus the DVD Shrink process, and then the DVD Decryptor write process, it's probably going to take 1.5 hours in total, which is pretty ridiculous...damn sony.

3. geburuh

geburuh Regular member

I used DVDDecrypter with ANY DVD(latest) running.
    Burned with Clone 2( movie with menu )
    Perfect copy

4. berickf

berickf Member

I recently put the "Stranger than Fiction" DVD into my computer. I had never disabled autorun before so the disc opened a window, which I was not interested in, so I promptly closed the window. Whenever I opened any program to access this DVD it either would not recognize it, or it would report some type of error. I gave up, removed the DVD and went about my business. This morning when I turned my computer on the DVD door popped out and every time I pushed the button to have it go back in, it just pops out again and refuses to stay in. I threw a few discs in it to see if it just wanted to have something to read in order to stay in... But it just popped out again. As far as I can tell, the rest of the computer is working fine, but it seems that this movie has wrecked my DVD drive, or at least the settings that control the DVD drive? A search online revealed this thread which showed that there seems to be many problems with this DVD so it seemed a good place to ask if anyone here experienced a similar problem and/or know how to remedy this awkward situation with my DVD player?

Oh yeah, the DVD player is a Lite-On LH-16W 16X Internal.

Thanks in advance,

Erick

5. berickf

berickf Member

Sorry, false alarm. I continued to play around with the DVD drive after I wrote the original post... reinstall drivers, reseeded the cables a couple of restarts. Then with the front of the server removed I noticed that the front panel of the DVD drive was slightly ajar. clicked it back into place and, voila, door shuts. I'll blame it on the wife as she was using the computer after I gave up on that DVD, but I'm truly mystified how that panel became dislodged?!? I have now put a disc in the drive and can confirm that it is working again. At least one good thing came out of this as I went about learning how to disable the auto-run... have never liked how discs sometimes had a mind of their own before!

Thanks again,

Erick

6. Benri

Benri Guest

All other software failed me, except DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.9.6 then ImgBurn 2.3.0.0
    It backed like a charm!
    Just decrypt to your hard drive then burn to dvd.

7. steveo200

steveo200 Member

Afternoon people. Got an answer for Stranger than fiction and any other Sony Encrypted DVD. downloaded AnyDVD6.1.6.0 and it ripped straight through the encryption and even rebuilt the DVD structure. I then ran it through good old DVD shrink then used Nero to burn it.End result perfectly backed up DVD.

8. javon1979

javon1979 Member

you people are making this harder than it should be. Use DVDFAB decryptor then open the files saved on ur computer with dvd shrink
    its that simple

and for you users with lite-on burners GET A PLEXTOR worth the extra 20 bucks