1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox Download Problems

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by evhmoon, Dec 21, 2004.

1. evhmoon

evhmoon Member

There are some files i have been trying to download off the web. I have used Windows Media Recorder and it seems to download the entire file (which is 200mb). I go to play the WMV file and it says "it is corrupted". This is the case with any other files from the same site..However tonight, i am trying the STREAMBOX software. It is also running into errors. The file posted on the site is a WVX file. But according to the source file (when changed into a text file, they are WMV files) If if i give this link to any of you, could you give it a shot at capturting the file to explain if its possible or what i was doing incorrectly?

Thank You.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

It is definitely possible, if you know what you are doing. Since you don't, go to the site below and start learning. Be sure to start with the FAQ's.

3. evhmoon

evhmoon Member

thanks for the reply. I have looked at the FAQ. I gave it another shot trying to use Streambox again, but had no luck. I have been doing this for years with windows media recorder. This is the first time that when i download the clip using WMR that i get an error trying to play the file. This why i am giving Streambox a shot. If i gave ya the URL, could you see if you can give a crack at it? then give me some suggestions on what settings u used..

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

People always say that they look at the FAQ, but the question is do they really read it.

Did you try all the different protocols in StreamBox VCR and both 3.1 and 3.0 versions as explained here?
    http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxvcrfrm7.showMessage?topicID=4.topic

Did you also see this?

StreamBox VCR is not the best program for downloading Windows Media streams. There are newer and better programs for downloading Windows Media streams.
    In most cases for downloading Windows Media streams, recorders like GetASFStream, SDP Multimedia, Net Transport are a better choice.
    They can download in more cases using just one program instead of several StreamBox VCR versions.
    They do not have the no video problems that StreamBox VCR often has.
    GetASFStream, SDP Multimedia will automatically index the downloaded file for seeking. Net Transport has a manual indexing option.

If this does not help with StreamBox VCR downloading problems try other programs from the
    Streaming media recording software list.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxvcrfrm7.showMessage?topicID=1.topic
    *WM = veblin's highest recommendation for Windows Media.
    There is no single recorder program that works with all MMS Protocol or RTSP Protocol streams.