1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

streaming question

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by anth75, Jan 27, 2005.

1. anth75

anth75 Member

i am having a problem streaming my games to my pc.i start up phoenix and go to backups.hit begin it then says served dns query from 192.168.1.100 and nothing else happens.and on the gc it gives me an error(no102) u could not be connected.what am i doing wrong?i followed the guide and changed the ip's.help

2. anth75

anth75 Member

i have it hooked up like this because i dont have a routeri have my pc to my cable modem using the usb.and from my gc to my modem using an ethernet cable.is this o.k.?if not do i need a router?

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

No router is required for this to work. Just make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using between the Gamecube and the PC is a crossover type cable. If this was a manufactured cable you purchased, it should have written somewhere along the plastic insulation whether it is a patch or crossover cable.

4. anth75

anth75 Member

thanks ice for the info.i just picked up a crossover cable.is the the way i have my modem to my pc via usb ok?the way u say is from my gc to my pc.dont both the gc and pc have to be connected to my modem?

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You do not need to be conencted to your modem for this to work. The PC I stream with does not have Internet access.

6. anth75

anth75 Member

ok i will try it when i get home from work,thanks ice

7. anth75

anth75 Member

1 more question ice,will this work with pso 1&2 PLUS?what version r u using?

8. anth75

anth75 Member

ok i hooked up the crossover cable from my gc to my pc,set all the settings and still no luck.i ran a test in phoenix and what its telling me is port 5173 in use.10048-address in use.error binding gc ip 192.168.1.32 port 1190 to pc ip 192.168.1.100 port 5173. any idea whats wrong?

9. wizrdeye

wizrdeye Member

first time on th forum. I am trying to get this Cubesoft Pheonix 2.45 to get the original save to the gamecube mem card. it stops at:
    served dns query from 192.168.1.100

I have read many different forum enteries with the same problem and everyone seems to avoid the answer. I do have everything hooked up right with all the right IPs and such via a router. Please help! I would very much like to get past that first stage of saving to mem card and start to work on everything else after that. Thank you very much to anyone who might be able to help!

10. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

PSO I & II Plus will not work. If you are using that version, get the old one and try again.

11. philipman

philipman Regular member

I try to run the iso and it freezes at the loding screen or goes to a black screen. I have the right pso, on the cg disc server it says ...xxx.x.x.xx or something like that. The iso file is ripped fine.

12. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You're getting dropped packets. Check your cable, try to connect directly from the Gamecube to the PC using a crossover cable, or try upgrading your PC's NIC to a better brand. I've heard that Netgear and 3Com NIC's seem to work very well.

13. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I mayme have same problem, but how i can stop packet dropping? and what is NIC?

14. philipman

philipman Regular member

when ever I plug it right to the pc it does not detect the gamecube as being there but though the router it does detect it.

15. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sounds like you are using a patch cable. Try switching to a crossover cable. A NIC is a Network Interface Card.

16. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

By the way, can there be a wrong type cable that still can transfer loading screen etc. but no games?
    I'm using this cable: http://www.littlewhitedog.com/content-8.html

And do you anyone have experience with Archtek Smartlink NIC? how is it working?

And what are the best settings for loaderĀ“s delay, frequency and cache?

And what is the best tools streaming games to GC?

17. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The cable should be fine although if you made it yourself you might want to double-check the ends. I make all of my own cables and they usually work fine. I'm not familiary with that brand of NIC personally. I stick with 3Com 3C905C's and have yet to have a problem. As far as the software goes, I just use the default settings and everything works fine for me.

18. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I got it work!!
    i got it work with phoenix 2.5, there was mark on "attempt to resume on lost packet", when i unchecked that, games worked!, in streaming was only couple of errors that dont matter=)

but with other loaders, i didnt got it work...

19. wizrdeye

wizrdeye Member

Ok I have tried Cubesoft Pheonix 2.3 2.45 and 2.5, PSUL, and PSOloader. Still all I get is:

served dns query from 192.168.1.100

My setting are:
    PC:
    IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gamecube:
    IP Address: 192.168.1.32
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.100
    Primary DNS: 192.168.1.100
    Secondary DNS: Blank
    Running trough my wireless Linksys router BEFW11S4 (but PC and Gamecube are run with cable)
    I have tried RECREATING character and wipeing out memcard each time so I have spend a few days and many hours with every possible combination. I hope I have just overlooked something simple, please help! I would just like to get that first save to the memcard and feel like I have accomplished something. Thank you to everyone for any help!

20. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

Be sure too use PSUL to properly "hack"(initialize) memory card...
    view:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/61273

On your PC, run "psul -s" at a DOS prompt. It should then say waiting for connection or someting to that effect. Next, start an online game of Phantasy Star using the character profile you chose. It will then try to connect to your PC. If successful, your PC will display the messages "Saving user info on memory card..." and
    "Done..."

had this problem too

grtz

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005