1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitle problem - green block

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by schoe, Jan 26, 2005.

1. schoe

schoe Member

So whenever I load my burned DVD, everything works (audio, video) except for the subtitles...when i turn it on, all i see is a green block instead of the text that should be there...also, its misplaced, on the black edge at the bottom of the movie rather than on the bottom center of the movie itself...anyone know how to resolve this problem? I used TMPGEnc, IfoEdit, and basically..followed the avi --> dvd guide on this site.

2. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

I am not sure, but it sounds like either you encoding method is faulty or perhaps you are not quite hitting the right format of video. If you are copying a DVD straight, just DVD shirnk. It is by far the best and easiest there is out there. If you are having to convert avi files, I found that DVD Santa worked 99.9 percent of the time. When I converted the files, I would use DVD Lab to make some awesome menus and such. I have tried many of the other ways, but they did not always pan out the way that everyone else got them to. DVD Lab and DVD Santa cost money, but they are well worth it. Try out their trial versions.

3. schoe

schoe Member

eh...well, i used TMPGEnc to do it, and it looks perfectly fine. also, subtitles look awesome on the comp, but just won't show up properly (green block, too low on screen) on a TV...

oh yea, I might also note that its in PAL format...might this be the reason? and no...the original avi (before I converted it to mpg) is something I downloaded from a friend.