1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles help

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by foden12, Dec 7, 2011.

1. foden12

foden12 Member

Hi everyone, good to be back.
    Ok, here we go, I've have a movie which needs subs for non english speaking parts. I have those. So I have a movie and subs, problem is the subs are way out of sync. I've used Subtitle Workshop, Time Adjuster, Subtitle Edit, Easy Subtitle Sync and a host of other good software, but they still wont sync. Apart from re-creating the entire subs file from scratch, is there anyone who can suggest a way to accomplish what should be a simple thing to do.

Thanks in advance.

2. Vato

Vato Regular member

Have you ever considered that the subs might be for a totally different version of the movie. Just because they are subs for the movie, it does not mean it is for that exact file.
    Meaning that the subs could have been created for a different file of that movie (i.e. subs will be out of sync).
    Most probably the person might have cut some of the start of the movie off this is why it is out of sync. I suggest you search for the subs that correspond to that file itself.
    If it's out of sync after using so many programsm, then this is what is happening in my opinion.

Or else just play it on your computer use VLC and adjust the timing of the subs and voice and you should be sweet to watch.