1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sugestions for a BR burner

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by Mez, Jul 10, 2014.

1. aldan

aldan Active member

one things been bugging me and that is mez thinking you are born with pitch.you are not.aquired pitch is learned,not genetic.true,some people are born with a better sense of pitch than others,but pitch is,by and large,a learned trait.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

He never had a big voice. He had to have many takes before they would get a keeper. His voice may have gotten worse with age but because he really didn't push his voice except for recordings it may be as bad as it always was. I would never see them since they were terrible live in their hay-day. They were leaders in the highly polished or over produced recordings. Since mainstream has gone to 'over produced' I would say they were pioneers.

wong, you can buy what ever in the states since you purchase it from the internet and the sites are not blocked. Mind you there have not been much going on on that front. The DVD makers have given up of defeating the copy busters. Most have minimal encryption. That is why something like Shrink works on a good deal of DVDs. That wasn't been upgraded in almost a decade. I always keep all my installs off line on an external drive. I learned the hard way sometimes you can't get an old version of what ever.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

on the topic of music i use to play piano and i have tried guitar and drums.I'm ok on piano.
    I have a voice that's off pitch, the pitch in my voice goes high and low all the time naturally don't know how i'd go singing.

On the topic of burners i thought each brand uses cheapest,poor quality components and manufacters in cheap factories in asia and who ever owns the licence gets the brand name put on it.

I actually don't own a blu ray burner as im still using mainly dvds. Infact i don't use discs much anymore,my dvd player,ps3,car sterio all have usb drives so i just run most things on flash drive.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

yeah,im starting to do more on flash drives as well.

5. Mez

Mez Active member

Non optical is the way to go! Only Verbatim seems to be stable after 5 years. By sticking them on large HDs you can find them. (I have kids.) I just bough 4 32g flash drives for under $9 each. BR cost at least $1 if you buy in bulk over the internet. I actually can't tell the difference on my 55" screen. I opted to pay more for a screen that was rated high for improving the resolution for low rez videos. My kids claim they can tell but they are only 100% correct if the see the disk before it is loaded.

Most persons can't tell if they are off pitch. Some are worse than others. No amount of training will allow you to sing on key 100% of the time. As I stated before, I sat through a recital of 'hot shot' singers and most would hit some notes off key. This was at a summer program and was tied for second best in the East cost of the US. Most of the performers had $10,000 training or more.