1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal 64 problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Prestonz, Dec 25, 2004.

1. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

For extracting the file u can use winRAR it will open the folder and look for the XBE. file inside..u can FTP the emulators to E:\Emulators\
    or burn a DVD+R and add them from the disk to your xbox for the disk options all's u need is nero and a blanck DVD+R or DVD-R

2. hazzawo

hazzawo Member

i have an xbox with evox that i installed with slayers autoinstaller and it came with surreal 64 i have added all my roms and wen i open them it just goes to a black screen and the ones that do work go slow how do i stop this?

3. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

hi, im new to the modded xbox scene, i got my xbox from a trade and im trying to put some n64 games on it to be played with surreal 64. im having problems burning i think, i burnt about 15 v64 or rom files to a dvd, as a data dvd. im using avalunch to transfere but it dosnt seem to read. any help would be much appretiated

4. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

I've never tried burning the roms to a disc before, but I think you should try to ftp your roms to the surreal64 roms folder so they can be read. I don't know if your xbox is modded or not, but from the way it sounds, you have. Anyways, I've posted in the thread how to install your surreal64 emulator and fix it so that it works properly. As for burning the roms, I don't think the .ini file recognizes your dvd rom drive as the default or recognized path for your roms to start when you load up the emulator. If you want to do it that way, I think you would have to edit your .ini file and your ultrahle.ini file to make it work. Remember, from what I saw, there should be 2 .ini files in your surreal64 path. There's one in your F:/Apps/surreal64/ folder and there should also be one in your E:/tdata or udata folder under fea64 something. Anyways, they should both look the same, so if you modify one, you have to replace the other one as well, simply copy and paste to both.

5. imryan

imryan Member

guys ive downloaded surreal 64 from a variety of different places and for some reason, every time i put it onto my xbox thru ftp, when i click on it in my dashboard, the Unleashx logo just pops up and im back at the launcher as tho nuthing ever happened. please help :(

6. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

I'm guessing the software you used to mod your xbox did not come with the emulator software. I don't know where you got the surreal64 emu from, but you need to get one that works. If all goes well, you should get a blue screen dashboard with a toadstool guy. If that shows up it's somewhat working. Follow my other previous postings to find out how to make it work right.

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

If you can't get it to work can always download Auto.Installer.Deluxe.v3.10.Xbox-Hq from a torrent site. It'll install Surreal and pretty much whatever else you want to your Xbox for you..

8. guildwars

guildwars Member

I have a disk that loads and works the same as surreal 64 but only on my xbox it does not show the roms. On another xbox it just played the roms off the disk. Is there a way to set my xbox so that i could just play the roms off the disk and if so could someone explan how to do so.

9. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Beats me... Maybe you have to edit your ini file so that it reads the D: drive.

10. guildwars

guildwars Member

can i edit my ini file without useing ftp??

11. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

I've never been able to, but I'm sure there's a software update or program that would allow you to do that. But if you can't edit it otherwise, I'd stick with FTP.

12. guildwars

guildwars Member

I figered it out!!if you have a disk with burnd roms on it, you can do this in both F: and E: for surreal ini. then it will just run it off the disk.

[Settings]
    Rom Path=D:\Roms\
    Media Path=D:\Media\

13. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Good! I've never used burned discs for playing roms since it's all in my roms folder, the path directory for my ini files are the same. I don't know why, but it is. At least you got the problem figured out.

14. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

hi, i finally got the roms into my xbox. /F/Apps/Emulators/n64/ROMS ... but when i run sureal 64 nothing comes up, i hit the refresh button MANY times, restarted the xbox, even tried looking if i put them in the wrong file. but to no prevail.

any help would be very appreciated

15. TFCskater

TFCskater Guest

sorry to interuped but where did any of you guys find a working 64 emulator. please send it to me ive been searching for 3 days. i really want one its the only one i know how to work. i dont have any emus and i really want that one please help.

16. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

I don't think whoever made this emulator really checked into the specifications of the ini file. People have done changes to the ini file and got it working like me. My suggestion in you case masterfle, is to go back to page 1 and 2 of this thread and read the posts. I've already posted how to make those roms show once you make changes to the ini file only in surreal64 emulator folder. Just follow the post and you shouldn't have problems, otherwise get back to me on that.

17. guildwars

guildwars Member

i can play the roms fine but after 10 min it will freeze i dont kno wut the problem is cuz the disk is fine and so are the roms i played the disk on anoter xbox for hours and its fine. Is there a file or setting on my xbox that is causeing it to freeze???

18. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

ic.. well could someone explain to me how exacty i ftp to my xbox

19. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Simply, there's more than one way to do this. The easiest way is to open up my network place on your desktop and click add a network place. Then hit next. Then choose a new network location. Then type in ftp://xbox:xbox@xxx.xxx.x.xxx(i.e 192.168.0.2). The X's are your ip address that is assigned to your xbox. I'm assuming that xbox is your name for your xbox host name, and xbox as your password to access it. If you're not sure, then go to your systems menu on evoX and you can find out there. Then you should be able to send whatever you would like to your xbox.

20. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

it cant seem to connect. i have the xbox hooked up to the internet but when i try to open up the network it dosnt. i get a bunch of errors with the ftp. i know the ip and passward are correct. but i cant seem to find the name