1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal64 Some say yes some say no

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by blackylad, Dec 28, 2004.

1. blackylad

blackylad Member

Looking on this and other forums I have been trying to find out if it is possible to create a working disk of surreal 64. Some folks say you can but some say not, I am a REAL newbie and have never loaded anything onto my Hdd and i paid someone to mod my x box.
    I have downloaded a few versions of surreal64(including FDB v3)and I already have a large number of Roms(.Z64 files).
    I have tried creating an xbox iso using Xiso and just clicking on the parent file of FDB(after i copied some roms into the roms file) but this doesn't even boot. Am I way off???? , Is it possible??? help would be great as I am dying to get this working

2. FullySik

FullySik Guest

it is possible i have surreal with about 30 roms but i think 2 of my roms dont work. what u have to do is first put all your roms in the roms folder then use quix 2.5 or craxtion4 to make the surreal64 folder an iso then u open nero6 burning rom close the new complication window and click on recorder, burn image and select the iso that quix or craxtion made.
    now u r done.

3. FullySik

FullySik Guest

use a cd-rw if it doesn't fit on that then use a dvd-r

4. blackylad

blackylad Member

Thx but still no luck
    I use Dvd-r's to burn and record now max (the ones i always use for backup games and they work o.k for that) i have tried creating the iso using qwix but it still will not boot!!.
    I have unpacked all the surreal files into a folder , which now contains folders called media ,nfo , roms (where i have placed my own roms)and surreal64_FDB_v3_src. Also in there are a few.xbe files and one .rdb file.
    The configuration settings text file says that the rom path is D: \roms\ and the media path is D: \media\
    I opened qwix, selected create iso and chose my surreal 64 folder as the source ,burned the .iso file using add image in record now max and still nothing the x box looks like it is attempting to boot but you just get stuck on the MS x box screen. Sorry to be a pain guys but I am really excited about getting this working!!!
    ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. FullySik

FullySik Guest

burn it using nero if u dont have nero download the trial because if u burn it how i told u it will work because i have an arcade emu, n64, super nintendo, amiga, c64 and i burnt them all the same way that i told u and they all work.
    or maybe the copy of surreal u have is fake try burning using nero the way i told u if it doesn't work then that means your version of surreal is fake

6. byee

byee Member

do u have to download roms seperate from surreal64? I've been trying to get it if anyone can pm me about more info on how to get it and more info on how surreal works it would be apreciated

7. byee

byee Member

can you transfer by ftp i am dling some roms and v3 of surreal64 how do i install it?

8. HaryKewel

HaryKewel Member

this may seem like a stuipid question, but when you say to put all your roms into "the roms folder" do you have to create it yourself or what?