1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD Problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ElectrO, Nov 4, 2002.

1. ElectrO

ElectrO Member

I do have a DVD that plays VCD/SVCD format. I have converted a DVD to SVCD using DvDX. Of course windows media doesnt play it, so i use Power DVD. I have also got the MPEG2 addon for Nero. Now everytime i create a SVCD it will not play on the DVD player. It just comes up with funny colours and no frames from the movies at all. When i convert the movie to a VCD it will burn at 32X without any problems and play on the DVD player. Even when i burn the SVCD at 4X (which is my slowest) its still no joy. It just comes up and errors. But when i check the CD on the computer the powerdvd will play it.
    If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    Thank you
    ElectrO

2. trancer23

trancer23 Member

my guess is that your dvd player is vcd but not svcd compliant. check vcdhelp.com compatibility list to make sure.

else if you can play the mpg file in powerdvd after burning with nero the burning process is fine, do you get any warnings in nero that the svcd is not standard compliance.?

hope this helps

3. ElectrO

ElectrO Member

The problem I have is that i got the DVD player in Singapore and on the box the onky elegible writing is MPEG2 on it. But you are correct, i did more research into it and it is NOT SVCD. Sorry for wasting everyones time :)

ElectrO