1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD to Large for CD-R

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by StriderS, May 17, 2002.

1. StriderS

StriderS Guest

I have 3 CD svcd set for a movie the trouble is 2 of them are to large to fit on a CD-R even with overburn. How can I reduce the size they are about 25 MB to big.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Bigger CDs? 80min is de facto nowadays.

3. StriderS

StriderS Guest

Not big enough thats what I used or should I say atemted.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2002
  4. dRD

Very weird. Are you 100% sure you've tried to burn them using SVCD mode, not data mode?

5. StriderS

StriderS Guest

I tried that with Nero and it burned but was not viewable. What is another prog to burn with?

6. dRD

What do you mean by "not viewable"?

You need to understand the fact that VideoCD and SVCD are _not_ burned as data CDs, but they have their own particular format how they're burned -- just like audio CDs (you probably know, that by creating a data CD and dropping WAV files into it doesn't play in the CD player).

Look at our articles for guides how to burn VCD and SVCD with Nero -- you end up with a disc which looks like (when viewed with PC) that it has 5-6 dirs, most of them empty and with one or two huge .dat files. Those .dat files are the video files and if your stand-alone DVD player support VCD (or SVCD, depends on your case), just simply insert the CD in and it plays.

7. StriderS

StriderS Guest

By no viewable I mean you can watch about 3-4 min then the picture has many different colored blocks all over and the sound is distorted